The 100th Edition Of The Tour de France: Chirps, Opinions, News, Updates.

'Dale

Pick the yellow and green jersey winners.  

305 members have voted

1. 1. Who will reign in Yellow?

• Froome Dawg (Sky)
    • Contador (Saxo Tinkoff)
    • A Schleck, Radioshack
    • Evans (BMC)
    • Uran (Sky)
    • Tejay (BMC)
    • Gesink (Blanco)
    • Hesjedal (Garmin Sharp
    • Valverde (Movistar)
    • J Rodriquez (Katusha)
    • Suprize package!
  2. 2. Who will reign in Green?

• Sagan (Cannondale Pro Cycling)
    • Cav' (Omega Pharma Quickstep)
    • Greipel (Lotto Bellisol)
    • Bouhanni (FDJ)
    • Goss (Orica-Greenedge)
    • Surprize package?

Jirre you guys, all of a sudden you guys make Froome off as the sissy because currently anything Froome thinks end up in the press in some contorted way. He was but one rider in a whole group of riders who complained. Look, if Jens starts complaining about something being dangerous I sit up and listen. He has more HTFU bands on his arms than most coach loving cyclists out there.

Let's hope the rain stays away and make that descent manageable. Else I believe most guys will just sit up and take it easy off there. It would be stupid to attack down there anyway if it is wet. The amount of seconds to gain is not worth the risk.

Who dares, wins - David Stirling/SAS.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, was Froome wrong? Who ended up on his arse on the day??

The only silly stuff was the totally misquoted sensationalist headlines the media created out of Froomes statement.

Wrong!

In all forms of sport where participant safety is an issue participants have the right to voice concerns like this. Race organizers are the last people who should be entrusted with rider safety. They have to create a spectacle that is better and more spectacular than last years event and other similar events and even though they say safety is of paramount importance its clearly not. Open your eyes and look at the routes the guys race on. Its thanks to the amazing skill of the riders that there have not been more serious accidents.

Don't forget they are racing for their livelihood, going slow does not happen when you are desperate and racing for top spot.

Heaven forbid that tomorrow we are all here crying about some desperate rider who goes over the edge somewhere today.

Rather animated you are, Swissvan.

Race organisers own the race and is responsible for safety of which the racers are participants.

Of course, riders can protest and voice their views. It's historically been shown in various forms.

Perceptions are there that Froome Dawg is a lil scared of crashing and even want to deter others from taking risks (like a lil tweet directed at Berto).

Ride your Pina, Froome.

You have 4 mins over the rest.

Edited by ' Dale

It is amazing how Froome can go from hero to villain in 232 pages, I can see a Lance asult on him for the next few years. It is almost in his best interest to crack to squash roomers of him using drugs

Plus 1, amazing how many Contador fans fanatics there suddenly are.

Go Froome :thumbup:

Ok so you say you were not influenced by how the press reported it (Lashes out...), what can I say...other than I think all the critics are making mountains out of molehills.

Try answer my question as well... was Froome wrong? Taking into account that AC fall on his arse during the stage and nearly caused Froome to fall off??

And don't try blame it on Froome, he was far back enough to avoid AC.

Not influenced in the least by the press, they are after sensation around PED's...I have no doubt that froome is clean and exceptional athlete

Moving along...AC fell and nearly caused froome to fall in the process....Not AC's fault if froome wants to throw the dice with him ito descending like a bat from hell. He didn't have to stay on his wheel, he chose to.

Off course its froome's fault, risk / reward.....he made the choice, he must make piece with the outcome. And if he was that far back why was it such an issue for him.

Edited by rouxtjie

From what I have seen lately of Contador he is just a teaser. He goes on attacks that never pans out. By this time I think most of the other guys just ignore him everytime he jumps off the front.

I think Froome will get evenr more time on Contador today.

Ok so you say you were not influenced by how the press reported it (Lashes out...), what can I say...other than I think all the critics are making mountains out of molehills.

Try answer my question as well... was Froome wrong? Taking into account that AC fall on his arse during the stage and nearly caused Froome to fall off??

Contador descends at a dangerous rate? Why is that a danger to Froome?

This piece from inrng makes for interesting reading and puts both points of view forward - The route was announced last October and ever since all the teams have had a chance to visit the road. It was used in the Dauphiné so riders could test it in race conditions. There was a crash but it happened when a rider tangled with a team car so the mountain might not be to blame.

http://inrng.com/201...e-rider-danger/

Good Article

Yes, AC did fall and CF was far back enough to avoid it so why raise it at all then? Surely that is what racing is about, taking a calculated risk and that is what AC was doing, i doubt he was intentionally trying to cause an accident, would not have been to his benefit at all.

Not influenced in the least by the press, they are after sensation around PED's...I have no doubt that froome is clean and exceptional athlete

Moving along...AC fell and nearly caused froome to fall in the process....Not AC's fault if froome wants to throw the dice with him ito descending like a bat from hell. He didn't have to stay on his wheel, he chose to.

Off course its froome's fault, risk / reward.....he made the choice, he must make piece with the outcome. And if he was that far back why was it such an issue for him.

+1

Rather animated you are, Swissvan.

:offtopic:

I'm alive for sure, and yes sorry that my blood pressure increases when I see people spewing sewerage

BTW, if there is one mistake Froome is making then it is saying too much to the press. He must ignore them and learn some lessons from Brendan Venter on how to handle them when they ask silly questions.

BTW, if there is one mistake Froome is making then it is saying too much to the press. He must ignore them and learn some lessons from Brendan Venter on how to handle them when they ask silly questions.

He has been quite reserved and polite but is starting to loose patience, the pressure must be getting to him. Nothing like Brad last year (and at this years Giro) who would frequently swear at them and who, it must be said, lacked a lot of press and PR skills.

Also it seems everyone is jumping on anything he says and extrapolating / exaggerating.

Edited by kosmonooit

I'm alive for sure, and yes sorry that my blood pressure increases when I see people spewing sewerage

Don't take it personally, I hope you're not.

Just a bunch of fans chirpin from various corners.

GO FROOME

GO QUINTANA

GO SAGAN

"Go Lance!"