MTB: tubeless riders what extras do you carry

shadow1

So I am finally making the jump to tubeless.

Currently carried a spare tube, puncture kit, tire levers and pump on my bike for those dreaded punctures. I seem to be missing something....

I have noticed that most guys on the trails are carrying nothing extra or just a spare tube and c02 bomb tapped to the seatpost.

My question is how do most guys put that tube in without tire levers? Secondly what are most guys carrying with them on their rides?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I carry

Snotplugs + little screwdriver tool to insert them

2 x Bombs

Bomb adapter

1 x Tube

1 x Tyre boot

1 x Tyre lever...green crowbar

If I am doing a stage race, I carry a little bottle of stan's as well.

On the tubbies, I carry a pump, some snollies, and some sealant... carry super glue too, for stage racing.

So I am finally making the jump to tubeless.

Currently carried a spare tube, puncture kit, tire levers and pump on my bike for those dreaded punctures. I seem to be missing something....

I have noticed that most guys on the trails are carrying nothing extra or just a spare tube and c02 bomb tapped to the seatpost.

My question is how do most guys put that tube in without tire levers? Secondly what are most guys carrying with them on their rides?

Less rim weight, more stuff to carry!

thanks for the replies. I suppose most guys carry them in their top pockets? I never really see saddle bags etc. on bikes on the trails nowadays

On the tubbies, I carry a pump, some snollies, and some sealant... carry super glue too, for stage racing.

Super glue? Do you use it with the snollies?

thanks for the replies. I suppose most guys carry them in their top pockets? I never really see saddle bags etc. on bikes on the trails nowadays

Hey if they don't, good luck to them, I don't part with any of my stuff...the most I can offer is advice if someone breaks down and I don't mind assisting if they have their own stuff, if they don't...hike a bike back my son.

Hey if they don't, good luck to them, I don't part with any of my stuff...the most I can offer is advice if someone breaks down and I don't mind assisting if they have their own stuff, if they don't...hike a bike back my son.

I'm still a sucker.

I'm still a sucker.

It is the samaritan thing to do, and will earn you extra singletrack karma points, but after summing up the amount of bombs, tjoobs, plugs I have given away without the other person offering so much as a replacement at the trail head or finishline or a thank you beer, I became very "cold"...

The one case, an ex rugby springbok nogals was the last time....

Edited by rouxtjie

It is the samaritan thing to do, and will earn you extra singletrack karma points, but after summing up the amount of bombs, tjoobs, plugs I have given away without the other person offering so much as a replacement at the trail head or finishline or a thank you beer, I became very "cold"...

Valid point, and these all add up.