Want to ride your bike in the biggest Mountain Biking area in the world? 2.0

Guest Omega Man

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I called and they say the same thing but everyone that says they have flown with them has been fine as long as they are below the weight limits.

I fly next Friday and at this point I'm just going to get there early and hope they don't charge extra.

Les Gets then some Swiss alps and watching the Lenzerheid WC.

Can't wait  :clap:

I called and they say the same thing but everyone that says they have flown with them has been fine as long as they are below the weight limits.

I fly next Friday and at this point I'm just going to get there early and hope they don't charge extra.

Les Gets then some Swiss alps and watching the Lenzerheid WC.

Can't wait  :clap:

Yeeeeeewww. The stuff they have done on Zore is BONKERS. There's also a new red on Pleney that is steeeeeeeeepppp. There's 2 new blues in Les Gets. So much riding it's crazy.

I have to say the luggage limits are not obvious by any means and I had to hunt around on their website to find it. As you say. I'd recommend going very early and smiling very sweetly at the checkin dolly. Whether that will work coming home is a whole other matter.

Just BTW. last year they gave me hassles at the check in counter coz I didn't have my hotel booking with me so I'd recommend having all your bits of paper with you.

Noob question...

Is this strictly a downhill trip? Are there different grades of trails - like for enduro bike setups (150mm travel +) ?

Noob question...

Is this strictly a downhill trip? Are there different grades of trails - like for enduro bike setups (150mm travel +) ?

I am no expert but have had some experience so my 2 cents worth...

You can definitely ride an Enduro style bike. There are different graded routes, Green, Blue, Red and Black.

I went with my wife and had 160mm travel bikes and all the Green and Blue routes were perfect. In fact, if you are not super technical and want to hit the big gap jumps and drop offs, then as Enduro bike may even be better. On the blue and red routes, all the bigger obstacles had "chicken" runs if need be.  

If I get an opportunity to go again, I would probably stick to 160mm bike. It allowed us to also ride some of the trails between the marked routes where the guys on full downhill bikes were pushing up the short hills etc.

Black runs are definitely more suited to downhill rigs.

All I can say is that this thread brings back great memories.

Noob question...

Hey man.

I've done the trip with an Enduro style bike as well as DH rigs. I'd recommend you take the burliest bike you have. If that's an Enduro bike that's fine. There are loads of dudes out there on that type of bike.

The trails are all color graded and you'll easily be able to tackle the greens, blues and reds on an Enduro bike. There are also fantastic ridge line rides that you can't easily do on a DH rig that are great on an Enduro bike.

I'd still recommend taking a full face lid and proper knee & elbow protection as you are using the lifts to gain altitude. I'd also recommend fitting 200mm brake rotors front & rear. Thisi s a cheap mod to your bike but will make a huge difference on the 1km (vertical) descents.

This year I'm going on a ROAD BIKE!!!!

I'd still recommend taking a full face lid and proper knee & elbow protection as you are using the lifts to gain altitude. I'd also recommend fitting 200mm brake rotors front & rear. Thisi s a cheap mod to your bike but will make a huge difference on the 1km (vertical) descents.

This year I'm going on a ROAD BIKE!!!!

You fitting 200mm rotors on your road bike as well. :D

You fitting 200mm rotors on your road bike as well. :D

The rotors on a road bike are WAY bigger than 200mm...

• 4 weeks later...

Well that was a pretty RAD week in PDS and the Swiss Alps.

By far the most fun I have ever had on my bike. Air Voltage line in Chatel feels so awesome.

post-4310-0-81886400-1469378011_thumb.jpg

Big drop in Laax Switzerland

post-4310-0-79680400-1469377994_thumb.jpg

Jump a friend in Les Gets, they have built the launch up quite a lot.

post-4310-0-48697500-1469377997_thumb.jpg

Top of the Alps in Flims, Swiss.

post-4310-0-25266800-1469378005_thumb.jpg

Little Double in the trees, Flims.

post-4310-0-70667500-1469378008_thumb.jpg

North Shore line in Laax, Swiss.

I put some videos and pics on my FB page

https://www.facebook.com/PeachPearton/

And full album of pics is here, it should be open.

https://www.facebook.com/Samuel.N.Hubschmid/media_set?set=a.10209850937899501&type=3

Edited by Peach.

6 Weeks to go.

Crazy excited about this trip, just a little concerned about luggage issues with Emerates.

What do you reckon a 2week trip like this will cost eventually, everything included?

What do you reckon a 2week trip like this will cost eventually, everything included?

Contact Duane Bosch on here. He'll have a good estimate, but I guess around R30k. Worth every penny.