Calling on you gamers

Guest Kalahari ou

Would any of the more clever people know if I'll be able to play Windows XP / Vista games on Windows 7? I have quite a few older games from my previous PC and I'm not sure if I'll be able to replay them on my current PC.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would any of the more clever people know if I'll be able to play Windows XP / Vista games on Windows 7? I have quite a few older games from my previous PC and I'm not sure if I'll be able to replay them on my current PC.

if it worked in windows 7, its almost guaranteed to work in windows 10. Windows XP. i'm not too sure, but it shuold still work as the legacy APIs install and work just fine on windows 10. failing that, try compatibility mode, and failing that again, and if you really really must run that donkey's old game, try a windows virtual machine. failsafe option that comes with hassles.

Edited by Capricorn

Got me a 2nd hand Xbox 360S

Want to reduce my power consumption as the PC can draw 500 watts of power and a max of 700watts.

First console of the sorts. Got it for the older games. Will get a Xbox One later, but for now the 360 will have to do

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Found a place that sells retro consoles - from Atari 2600's to Nintendo Gameboy's to GameCubes to NES/Famicom to Super Famicom to N64 to all the old Sega consoles, Playstation 1, the first Xbox, etc.

I had a Famicom and Sega Mega-Drive back in the day, so I wouldn't be too keen on getting those systems again. I have my eyes on a Super Famicom, or SNES as it's known in other parts of the world. R2000,00 boxed with 2 original controllers and 4 free games. Maybe save some moola for a Gameboy as well. I would like to eventually setup a gaming room, when the wifey and I move into a bigger place. My idea is to have a TV cabinet with 2 TV's - one CRT for the older consoles, ie: the SNES, and one TV for the Switch. I have an old couch which will do nicely in the room, then I'm thinking of getting some gaming decor, like Atari, Sega, and Nintendo posters. Raru has some cool gaming related merchandise as well. I'll make space for the PC, and I have a bar fridge which could go nicely as well. I'll see what happens.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Got me a 2nd hand Xbox 360S

Want to reduce my power consumption as the PC can draw 500 watts of power and a max of 700watts.

First console of the sorts. Got it for the older games. Will get a Xbox One later, but for now the 360 will have to do

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Still some good titles on there. Gears of war is a must!!

Found a place that sells retro consoles - from Atari 2600's to Nintendo Gameboy's to GameCubes to NES/Famicom to Super Famicom to N64 to all the old Sega consoles, Playstation 1, the first Xbox, etc.

I had a Famicom and Sega Mega-Drive back in the day, so I wouldn't be too keen on getting those systems again. I have my eyes on a Super Famicom, or SNES as it's known in other parts of the world. R2000,00 boxed with 2 original controllers and 4 free games. Maybe save some moola for a Gameboy as well. I would like to eventually setup a gaming room, when the wifey and I move into a bigger place. My idea is to have a TV cabinet with 2 TV's - one CRT for the older consoles, ie: the SNES, and one TV for the Switch. I have an old couch which will do nicely in the room, then I'm thinking of getting some gaming decor, like Atari, Sega, and Nintendo posters. Raru has some cool gaming related merchandise as well. I'll make space for the PC, and I have a bar fridge which could go nicely as well. I'll see what happens.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Ahh dude that sounds amazing.. My dad bought me a gameboy back in 04, I still have it(along with pokemon ruby) unfortunately it just doesn't have a charger anymore

Recently I started wanting to play again so I got myself a emulator and all the pokemon games on my iPhone.. it's not nearly the same as the original device..

I'm a little disappointed in COD WW2. The story mode missions are way to short, and over to quickly. I was really hoping it will have a "Saving Private Ryan or Band of Brothers Feeling" but none of the sort. :thumbdown:

I'm a little disappointed in COD WW2. The story mode missions are way to short, and over to quickly. I was really hoping it will have a "Saving Private Ryan or Band of Brothers Feeling" but none of the sort. :thumbdown:

I am no longer supporting the COD franchise.  After Advanced Warfare being a total let down and a waste of my R800 I decided not to support them anymore.  

That and that actor they used put me off the games. So I am glad I did not pre-order the WW2 game.

I am no longer supporting the COD franchise.  After Advanced Warfare being a total let down and a waste of my R800 I decided not to support them anymore.  

That and that actor they used put me off the games. So I am glad I did not pre-order the WW2 game.

I have a US Account for my PS4, so I paid like R600 for the pre-order in Feb I think. They said it was Co-Op play, but now we see its only in Zombie Mode that you can Play Co-op. The thing that is pissing me off the most is their Match Making. So anyone can buy the best guns and equipment, and then they still play against low level players, which Is giving them a huge advantage. That's not fair for the gamer starting at lvl1

Ahh dude that sounds amazing.. My dad bought me a gameboy back in 04, I still have it(along with pokemon ruby) unfortunately it just doesn't have a charger anymore

Recently I started wanting to play again so I got myself a emulator and all the pokemon games on my iPhone.. it's not nearly the same as the original device..

Ja, emulators are okay, but they're not like the real thing, lol.

Back on the subject of the SNES, it's either a SNES or a pair of lekker running tekkies - I can't have both at the same time. Apparently that place can get more stock if they're sold out of a certain item, so I think I'll first go for the running tekkies. Health first, lol.

Anybody got the new Call of Duty WWII?

Worthwhile getting?

I do. Played it about 6 Hours now. Almost finished. Just have to do one more mission.

Graphics are simply out of this world. But, missions are to short, and I was hoping it will have a Saving Private Ryan or Band of Brothers feeling to it. But none of those. Online is cool, but match making is up to sh@t. You get kids buying all the best guns and ammo and upgrades, and then being matched with players at their levels. which means, lower level players with entry level guns, have to compete with same level players that has all the upgrades and attachments. I hate that. That's where COD Made their biggest mistake. They are actually forcing you to buy those in-game purchases if you want to compete. :thumbdown:

Got and Indian account and WW2 was kinda cheap. loving the new gran turismo tho. online racing is lag free(must be my 40meg download speed) some cool cars are missing but will probably a add on later you can buy. 

WW2 is short but online play is there real focus i guess.