MTB'ers are so "tough"....

Hammy

Guest Kalahari ou
Imagine this was in Cape Town....AND the father was a journalist...

Dont mention JA in front of me.... Please:ph34r:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Come to think of it, what do you do if you are involved / are the cause of / whitness a crash where someone is injured?

Firstly I think you should stop and check how serious the injury is.

If the injured person has a friend or team mate there and the injury is not severe, then say goodbye and ride on

If the injured person is fine to carry on under own steam, then say goodbye and carry on.

If the injured person cannot go on without help, then stay and help, at least until a friend / riding buddy takes over.

In case of serious injury, help if you can

If you are out of your depth, find someone who can help, phone, stop others, go fetch help

In case of a serious injury, stay until ambulance / professional help arrives.

What do you think?

Edited by DJR

Come to think of it, what do you do if you are involved / are the cause of / whitness a crash where someone is injured?

Firstly I think you should stop and check how serious the injury is.

If the injured person has a friend or team mate there and the injury is not severe, then say goodbye and ride on

If the injured person is fine to carry on under own steam, then say goodbye and carry on.

If the injured person cannot go on without thelp, then stay and help, at least until a friend / riding buddy takes over.

In case of serious injury, help if you can

If you are out of your depth, find someone who can help, phone, stop others, go fetch help

In case of a serious injury, stay until ambulance / professional help arrives.

What do you think?

i think this is definently the decent thing to do but not all people we encounter everyday are.

Dont mention JA in front of me.... Please:ph34r:

It never happened.....just part of the big cyber universe now.

Glad your girl is ok and hope she heals up soon.

Karma will get him...

Guest Kalahari ou
my apologies , not another word.
good :thumbup:

Well done to the guy who knocked a girl off her bike today whilst overtaking her at the USN MTB race. You sir, are so tough that despite her falling so hard that she has a mild concusion, badly bruised cheek and chin and bent front rim, you still managed to be tough enough not to help her up, not ask if she is ok, nor help her get back to the parking lot. You merely hit her on the helmet and told her to toughen up and then rode off. What a gentleman! My hero! Maybe an apology would be something to consider in this instance. Anyway, new found respect for the tough MTB'ers from JHB... I aspire to be like you...

If anyone knows this guy, please can you teach him some manners, or give him a pro cycling card so he can go ride with the big boys...

That's not a MTBer bud.

Guest Kalahari ou

That's not a MTBer bud.

True! Like a idiot that runs a red light isnt a roadie, well I dont concider them to be!!!!

Looks like no one remembered what the guy looked like / kit he wore / bike he rode / number board?

It is one thing moaning on the hub, but if you want to do it properly, give all the details. I say again - Name and shame!

Guest Smimby

What Bearman said.

Someone must have seen this happen? Why don't they do or say something on the spot?

Similar thing happened to me. Knocked off, broke my upper leg and could not move. I lay on the side and my bike on the track. Guys coming past ka...d me out for not moving my bike. Nobody stopped to help until the ambulance arrived. Not so lekker!