Vasbyt!!!!!

Eddy Gordo

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I rode up around 1:30 on Sunday, saw some guys sessioning that part of the quarry.

Later on, I was about half way down the long DH trail that runs parallel to the road (vasbyt/DH1? not good with names sorry) when i saw the white bakkie and a gathering of people at the quarry. I couldnt see what had happened or what was going on, and to be honest, didnt think anything of it until i read the post.

I did that same Quarry step down multiple times that day and so did others, so its quite a scary thought when looking back. Was he a DH rider with full gear and setup, or an XC ride that made a mistake of taking that stepdown?

Either way, really hectic news, thoughts and prayers to the rider and his family. Stay safe everyone.

Hi Guys,

My name is Zain and I am said riders friend. All the support from this forum is amazing and it really puts me at ease to know that there are so many people out there praying for our friend and brother. His in a stable condition and is currently on a ventilator to make breathing easy since the operation has really tired his body out. The operation was indeed successful since the doctors were able to get his vertebrae back in place. wrt to him walking again, only time will tell but we pray that he has a speedy and full recovery with the help of god. IA. The doctors did say that he has a very strong will and this will definitely count in his favour.

We were part of the group that was at vasbyt gearing up. We usually come in a group of friends around 10 and just come to have fun within limits since we are still new the sport. I don't know what to make of what happened and can only but pray for my friends speedy and full recovery.

Another one of our riders fell on the exact spot earlier the morning and we have some footage of it, from there we more or less have an idea of what happened. We assume that he came short from the jump and rolled on his front wheel for some time before the bike through him over to the right, where he hit his head on the rock. It is something I think that could have happened to anyone.

There was a couple of guys that stopped to help us, one guy gave us water because we ran out and the crm number to call. Another guy I think pain or shine, came and moved some trees in the way of the jump and spoke to us and got everything ready for the ambulance to come. I want to thank these guys for their help.

Lastly, the rock is in a position that is out of everyones way, and we couldn't understand how our friend hit. We now feel though that it is hazardous and would like to remove the rock from the trail. I did some research and found out that to remove anything from the trail you need permission. So if anybody could help me in this regard, perhaps a number i can contact or someone I can speak to, to get permission to remove the rock. this will be really appreciated. His father wants to see the jump and rock, so we planning on heading out coming Sunday morning to do the necessary.

Any help would be great.

Again, thanks to all for the support and the prayers. His family really appreciates.

Thanks,

Thanks for the update Zain, you are all in our prayers and thoughts.

From riders dad

Today is the 2nd day after ....... operation, i whisper in he's ear he mus be strong and believe. He opened he's eye and moved he's arm! I asked him with excitement. DID YOU JUST DO THAT?! He nodded he's head. I thank you all for your sincere prayers. .................

Mezzo, thanks for that update. Sounds like the guy is in very good doctors' hands and that things are looking up!

Positive thoughts with the rider, his family and all concerned. Excellent work ny those that helped.

That is great news. Long road ahead but one that will be filled with joy for everybody.

Keep strong rider x and know that we are all thinking of you and holding you and your family in our prayers.

Spoke with my buddy last night. Rider getting operated on again today, he mentioned something with a pipe being inserted making it easier for rider to breathe and talk.

Just shows the state he was in. From what it sounds like he's in very good hands, and our prayers are helping. Still nothing on weather he will walk or not, all the family can say is only time will tell.

Stay strong rider!!! Stay strong family!!

Edited by Meezo

BUMP

Hope he is doing well!!

It is going to be a long road to recovery so I guess the updates are going to slow down.

Holding thumbs!!!

Any more news?

Edited by Warren911

BUMP

Hope he is doing well!!

It is going to be a long road to recovery so I guess the updates are going to slow down.

Holding thumbs!!!

hotdamn define well!! status of his spine? swelling gone down? can move other appendages eg wiggle toes, get a rise outta a hot nurse??

but good to hear! :D

hotdamn define well!! status of his spine? swelling gone down? can move other appendages eg wiggle toes, get a rise outta a hot nurse??

but good to hear! :D

ROFL. Cap, did you miss the part when he said "Hope he is doing well!"

still sick? :-P