Fake Zipp wheels

gummibear

I dont have an issue with someone posting wheels or frames if they post it as a blank.

Agree 100% - be honest with what you are selling

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting, there's a very fine line, agreed. Definitely unethical, but what if posting a frame or wheels, stating its "fake" with no intention of selling... Then what? Ban? The poster will probably be gunned by thehub police which can be punishment on it's own.

he said whether they are disclosed as counterfeit or not. my understanding is that NO fakes can therefore be sold here.

I thought you only smaaked chinese carbon :whistling:

I do, but Zipps!!! :ph34r:

Original zipps! There can only be one

What happened to that guy that advertised "replica" goodies on the Hub, mainly Specialized brand.

he said whether they are disclosed as counterfeit or not. my understanding is that NO fakes can therefore be sold here.

Read that yes, question again only sold? Or any of those that are posted or posing?

Not CHIpps (insert dry humour emoticon here)

Does this now include SELLING of the fakes, or discussing them in general, like in the Chinese Carbon Thread.

I think what Matt means is sellers trying to sell counterfeit as the real deal

Discussion like in the Chinese Carbon Thread is not an issue. I'm specifically referring to the sale of counterfeit items in the classifieds section, e.g. Fake Zipp Branded wheels, Fake Pinarello branded frames

Either of the above sold as a blank or with a non-registered / trademarked brand name would generally not be a problem.

The major concern of course is someone passing these off as the real deal in an effort to defraud would be buyers. However, even if items are disclosed as a fake such items are still counterfeit and would be considered illegal.

We cannot allow or condone the sale of any illegal items.

Discussion like in the Chinese Carbon Thread is not an issue. I'm specifically referring to the sale of counterfeit items in the classifieds section, e.g. Fake Zipp Branded wheels, Fake Pinarello branded frames

Either of the above sold as a blank or with a non-registered / trademarked brand name would generally not be a problem.

The major concern of course is someone passing these off as the real deal in an effort to defraud would be buyers. However, even if items are disclosed as a fake such items are still counterfeit and would be considered illegal.

We cannot allow or condone the sale of any illegal items.

Buying from China is not illegal? Disclosing as a China copy is not illegal either?

Nope, you are wrong. Zipps are second to ENVE B)

Buying from China is not illegal? Disclosing as a China copy is not illegal either?

Its not that complicated. Buying a copy or from China is not an issue or illegal in itself. If however the copy is branded as something its not then someone's copyright is being infringed - regardless of whether this is disclosed or not. Edited by dracs

Its not that complicated. Buying a copy or from China is not an issue or illegal in itself. If however the copy is branded as something its not then someone's copyright is being infringed. .

This is the key point: branding and copyright / trademark infringement. Even if a 'replica' / copy / fake is disclosed as such, if it infringes on copyrights or trademarks it should not be sold here.

A blank frame whether a copy or not is not really the issue, but as soon as a registered brand name / logo is slapped on there is a trademark infringement.

Everything is second to 'Lightweight'.

No man, now I have to admit that you are right and I am wrong :unsure:

To be direct and straight-up...

FrankTheTank, wanna represent your views here?

I'm guessing his account has already been closed, maybe he'll come back as Pina_Dealer