Classified section

MTB_Roadie

But its just not fair..... as my 3 year old would say (with more volume)

Life's not fair as i would say(with infinate patience) :-)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

while we are on the irritates me section, dont think there is anything that irks me more than a bike or frame advertised with no frikken size!!!!!

Something which irritate me...people buying stuff for cheap and then end up selling it for more on the same forum.

Isnt the whole point of this section to help fellow hubbers out? But now there is people who makes a living from it...

Rant off.

We live in a free market enterprise. why is there anything wrong with buying something for R 1 rond and selling for R1.5 ronds. It's called business and business runs at a profit. If I buy something off the HUb because I can see it's a bargain and then resell it for its proper market value and make a profit, why begrudge me.

What's the issue here? It's a place to trade and that's exactly what people do. If someone makes a profit, good luck to them.

There is nothing wrong in principal but thehub is a feel good place (not a business for me) where people can pick up the odd bargain. If somebody makes a living out of watching the classifieds like a hawk and reselling the bargains at 'market value' it detracts from the experience of browsing the classifieds because the likelihood of a good deal is too small and I won't support you for this reason.

The "experience of browsing the classifieds". Interesting choice of words... you make it sound like a mushroom trip or something :lol:

In either case (rest of my comment not related to your quote), anything labelled as the 'classifieds' section of a website or other publication immediately puts into context what the aim of that section is: to buy, and to sell. People sell for two reasons: a) to get rid of crap, and B) to turn a profit. Turning a profit requires marking goods up. If someone wants to pay for it, then awesome. If not, they're ultimately forced to reduce their price - regardless of timelines.

If this were about helping other people then create a section labelled "Feelgood Fred's helping hands and charity" section.. that way, there's no ambiguity. And the self-righteous people who create or contribute to a topic largely because they couldn't market their goods properly or secure a better deal for their goods, no longer have an excuse.

The "experience of browsing the classifieds". Interesting choice of words... you make it sound like a mushroom trip or something :lol:

In either case (rest of my comment not related to your quote), anything labelled as the 'classifieds' section of a website or other publication immediately puts into context what the aim of that section is: to buy, and to sell. People sell for two reasons: a) to get rid of crap, and B) to turn a profit. Turning a profit requires marking goods up. If someone wants to pay for it, then awesome. If not, they're ultimately forced to reduce their price - regardless of timelines.

If this were about helping other people then create a section labelled "Feelgood Fred's helping hands and charity" section.. that way, there's no ambiguity. And the self-righteous people who create or contribute to a topic largely because they couldn't market their goods properly or secure a better deal for their goods, no longer have an excuse.

Removing my post, don't feel strong enough about it either way to perpetuate an argument. If someone is prepared to go through the schlep of buying and selling they can do what they want.

Can the seller's also remove ads where the items have already been sold.please

please......whats the point of editing your ad to say 'sold'

please......whats the point of editing your ad to say 'sold'

Exactly. It takes as much effort to close or delete an ad as it does to edit it as 'sold'.

Exactly. It takes as much effort to close or delete an ad as it does to edit it as 'sold'.

I like the fact that there is a record of the transaction that took place and what was advertised...deleting it will wipe it. Keeps everyone honest you know...

I mark mine as SOLD in the heading, and always give reviews to buyers or sellers

Edited by rouxtjie

Another thing that bugs me. You advertise a bike. Nice ad with all the specs. No contact number or email.

Comments and pm's fly the sellers way. He reads it all. No reply.

So why the f advertise something if you dont plan on communicating

im on the classifieds daily. no bargain yet.

Edited by hvh

Yes but when an ad disappears you dont know if it has fallen off the bottom of the list or is sold and removed.

Anyway that's why I marked sold on my last sale.Anyway whats wrong with marking it sold?

I like the fact that there is a record of the transaction that took place and what was advertised...deleting it will wipe it. Keeps everyone honest you know...

I mark mine as SOLD in the heading, and always give reviews to buyers or sellers

So do I

Yes but when an ad disappears you dont know if it has fallen off the bottom of the list or is sold and removed.

Anyway that's why I marked sold on my last sale.Anyway whats wrong with marking it sold?

Ok, deleting an ad removes all record of it and related correspondence. Closing an ad merely removes it from the public domain as "active" but declutters the system (from my understanding). Perhaps Matt could explain what the procedure for classified ads should be.

Older ads get "closed" by the system anyway. Unsold items can simply be relisted if closed. Linking sold and purchased items to reputational feedback, say with the title of the ad in the text field, would be a relatively easy way of preserving a record of what's traded.

Edited by Brogue