What TV shows are you watching?

FrankG

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

two shows I'm really enjoying at the moment,and that IMO, have developed very nicely:

Stan Lee's Lucky Man

Colony - slow start, but the pacing is picking up nicely, seemingly in proportion to the body count.

Second chance is interesting enough,but hit a flatspot due to a formulaic approach. however, last few eps have opened up some interesting possibilities. The brother is creepy as hell.(a south african actor btw)

I lost interest in Colony after the second episode but I'll give it a second chance.

I finally binged through the second season of True Detective while recovering at home with some bruised ribs. The story unravels in a far more linear fashion than the first season. It felt as if I was being spoon fed at times. What made the first season so enticing was how they moved between timelines and told the story from different perspectives. But I was inclined to see it through because it promised closure. In the end I have to agree that it deserves to be given more credit. It was worth the watch.

Any other fans of 'The last man on Earth' would be delighted to know that it has returned from hiatus. A new episode aired today. I must admit to thoroughly enjoying this show.

Its completely stupid. But also offers some inciteful humour given the plot context.

http://www.fox.com/sites/default/files/video-image-thumb/lme_first_look_2500_1280x720_395511363898.jpg

I lost interest in Colony after the second episode but I'll give it a second chance.

don't take my word for it: i'm a scifi nut, and there's a bloody famine out there of good worthwhile scifi.

wrt true detective, I always felt that the first interation brought something very fresh to the scene, but that the presentation would only hold its shine for that first season. Anything in similar vein would be too familiar and lose its unique lustre.

that said, season 2 was still enjoyable in many ways.

was wondering the other day if that woman would ever birth ugly children. she's stunning!

thanks for reminding me to get stuck into 11.22.63! First ep had some interesting stuff going on, but i didn't finish it. Will fix that later  this week.

11.22.63 I'm hooked.

Glad to see last man on earth is back

and Second chance is not to bad either.

Then there is How to get away with murder as my Friday fix

• 2 weeks later...

These last couple of days I struggled with Hulu on my PS3. It keeps on asking me to connect the network cable or check the network cable,and cant do any playback. But when I switch over to Netflix, there is no problem. I can even watch Hulu Directly on my pc without any hassles....

Watched a few episodes of series called Cuckoo on Netflix - funny light hearted watch.

I picked up the first two seasons of Banshee for cheap. Watched the first this weekend. Lots of nookie, swearing and fighting. And a neutered albino. But kinda unremarkable as a show. Started season 2. Is it actually any good?

Saw Arrow box sets too. Anyone watched it? 

TWD Is getting pretty good. The latest episode ended bad. You just saw the blood splatter against the camera...