What TV shows are you watching?

FrankG

I'd never heard of Iron Fist before I saw somebody post in this thread that it was coming but quite glad I checked it out.

Finished it yesterday, and I have to agree with Cap. So many questions I want answered, and SOOOOO much potential for crossover.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i enjoyed Iron Fist. wasn't the greatest in terms of action. hell i think, the best action scene is in literally the last episode of the current season. Damn show sets you up hard for wanting more from IF. On screen beauty  is on the scale of Ican'tDealAnymore. tale of two Jessica's, with Ms Henwick taking the honors of being utterly bewitching.

In terms of acting, I think the Ward Meachum and Madam Gau characters take the cake.

Also found myself expecting on various occassions, for either Dare Devil or Luke Cage to make an appearance. *sigh*. as previously mentioned, there's alot about this show that leaves you wanting more. Much, much more.

Finished it yesterday, and I have to agree with Cap. So many questions I want answered, and SOOOOO much potential for crossover.

Easy, guys. The Defenders cross-over is next in line from Netflix. It'll have DD, JJ, LC and IF.

I really digged Iron Fist and rank it behind DD seasons 1 & 2 and Jessica Jones. Strangely enough, the show is taking HUGE flak in American media. Calls of everything from whitewashing, white savior, Finn Jones not being buff enough, etc. etc.

Personally, I think the show leaves one too many unanswered questions regarding The Hand and its factions.

I know this might seems shallow, but I actually do think that Finn Jones could've buffed up a bit more for the role. It would've helped to sell him as someone who has been training as a warrior for 15 years straight.

And Jessica Kenwick. :drool: Holy hell.

Easy, guys. The Defenders cross-over is next in line from Netflix. It'll have DD, JJ, LC and IF.

I really digged Iron Fist and rank it behind DD seasons 1 & 2 and Jessica Jones. Strangely enough, the show is taking HUGE flak in American media. Calls of everything from whitewashing, white savior, Finn Jones not being buff enough, etc. etc.

Personally, I think the show leaves one too many unanswered questions regarding The Hand and its factions.

I know this might seems shallow, but I actually do think that Finn Jones could've buffed up a bit more for the role. It would've helped to sell him as someone who has been training as a warrior for 15 years straight.

And Jessica Kenwick. :drool: Holy hell.

Manufactured outrage, IMO. 

But yes, agreed on Finn. 15 years' training does not provide a body in that sorta shape. Unless he packed a few pies every night. 

Has Black Sails been mentioned here yet? Absolutely love that show. 

I noticed from the credits it was financed by SA Trade and Industries Department and filmed in Cape Town

I noticed from the credits it was financed by SA Trade and Industries Department and filmed in Cape Town

Yep. You could see the ships on the film studios and outdoor filming place next tot he N2 just outside Somerset. 

Has Black Sails been mentioned here yet? Absolutely love that show. 

a mate of mine was raving about it...gave it the ol 5 episode litmus test and never progressed past that

So, my final results:

After finishing the series, my final ranking is DD and DD2 at the top (9/10), JJ in the middle (8/10) and then LC and IF (7/10).

Both LC and IF had a few problems, imo. LC dragged a bit in the middle, to the point where I felt they could have cut out a few episodes. IF fell short in the one place where it shouldn't have: Fighting choreography.

But make no mistake, I would still ten times rather watch LC or IF than any of the DC superhero shows. At least the Marvel shows feel like they're made by grownups for grownups.