What TV shows are you watching?

FrankG

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Started with Marvel's Inhumans last night. Maybe I was expecting a bit more but it feels almost half baked to me. It was only the first episode though.

I haven't watched it, but there were some horrible reviews...

I really liked Episode 3 of Star Trek Discovery. Colour me a convert - I think I'm going to like this show. I like complex characters and sensible writing. Can't stand The Orville though. I kinda like Seth McFarlane but the show just isn't working for me. They rely too much on jokes (which aren't always that funny) and therefore don't bother overmuch with character development, plot or narrative.

I think Inhumans made a mistake with the whole Imax thing. They should have spent more money on writers and less on fancy cameras. I liked it enough that I want to see more, but I understand why people didn't like it. For me, the main problem was pacing. However, I still prefer it to the CW DC tweeny emo superhero shows like Flash and Arrow.

Going to watch Marvel's The Gifted today: Hopefully that will be a good one.

I really liked Episode 3 of Star Trek Discovery. Colour me a convert - I think I'm going to like this show. I like complex characters and sensible writing. Can't stand The Orville though. I kinda like Seth McFarlane but the show just isn't working for me. They rely too much on jokes (which aren't always that funny) and therefore don't bother overmuch with character development, plot or narrative.

I think Inhumans made a mistake with the whole Imax thing. They should have spent more money on writers and less on fancy cameras. I liked it enough that I want to see more, but I understand why people didn't like it. For me, the main problem was pacing. However, I still prefer it to the CW DC tweeny emo superhero shows like Flash and Arrow.

I like both, think both have a place, The Orville is star Treks baby brother that doesn't take its self too seriously.. 

I Stopped watching the Marvel TV series... they all just seemed more hype than substance..

my Months series i'm looking forward to seeing is the Shannara Chronicles Season 2, if you like futuristic apocalyptic magical fae fantasy,

I like both, think both have a place, The Orville is star Treks baby brother that doesn't take its self too seriously.. 

I Stopped watching the Marvel TV series... they all just seemed more hype than substance..

my Months series i'm looking forward to seeing is the Shannara Chronicles Season 2, if you like futuristic apocalyptic magical fae fantasy,

I don't hate The Orville - if it works for you, I'm happy. Since the two came out at the same time, however, it's kind of frustrating to be part of sci-fi forums at the moment - fans seem to feel the need to not just love one, but also hate the other.

I like the Marvel shows a lot more than the DC shows. Again, just a personal preference. Same with the Shannara Chronicles. Didn't think they were bad, as such, but felt like they might be aimed at a somewhat younger audience than me. 

Any of you watching The Sinner.

Now that is looking to be one weird messed up situation.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Watched the first two episodes last night..

Interesting 

I really liked Episode 3 of Star Trek Discovery. Colour me a convert - I think I'm going to like this show. I like complex characters and sensible writing. 

I have to agree. Ep 3 was genuinely interesting. I'm very game for the rest of it.

Firing up the The Gifted later.

I have to agree. Ep 3 was genuinely interesting. I'm very game for the rest of it.

Firing up the The Gifted later.

I quite liked the Gifted. Got a bit of a Heroes vibe, I thought.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

i'm a bit meh about TG for the moment because it reminds me too much of The Tomorrow People.

edit: ok. still interesting enough now that i finished watching that first ep. Those robot weapons are creepy as f!

Edited by Capricorn

Watch the first episode of "Ten days in the Valley" Wasn't as good as I hoped it will be. But hopefully, It will get better..

Watch the first episode of "Ten days in the Valley" Wasn't as good as I hoped it will be. But hopefully, It will get better..

Yeah think I'll give it one more episode.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

That's a good way of putting it...I thought I'd watched it before... ;)

It really feels like almost all 'new' movies and TV are just remakes.

Loving Star Trek!!! Will try to catch inhumans later.

Halt and catch Fire Season 4 living up to all expectations...gonna miss that show!...3 episodes left