What TV shows are you watching?

FrankG

So the wife ask me to watch 13 Reasons Why with her. I hate teen movies/series, but to keep the peace in the house and collect some brownie points I agreed. :whistling:

It was a bit of an eye opener in the sense of, what if my kid are bullied,social isolated and traumatised like that. I don't even want to know what parents are going through if their child commits suicide because of bullies like that.

Haven't watched it... But cyber bullying is very real. A few months back there was a 15 yr old girl commit suicide here because of it

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Watching the Immunity challenge on Masterchef, I got the feeling that this episode was rigged. How can Loki's fish and rice, beat the Top Junior Chef in Australia. They gave him a 10/10 but for her stunning dish that is top quality just a 8/10.

Simple. His dish was tastier. He would have gotten my vote as well and I didn't even get to taste it.  :whistling:  And there are four judges, therefore  each contestant gets four scores, it's not as simple as an 8/10 vs a 10/10.

Bear in mind, by this time Loki has been cooking in the Masterchef kitchen for more than two weeks, so he knows what the judges like and he knows how to use his time for maximum efficiency. It's pretty easy for those professional chefs to misjudge the standard of cooking these amateurs have and it's an alien environment for them.

Okes, spoilers!!

Edited by bertusras

I'm sorry, You are completely right and I apologise. I have edited and deleted my post.

No need to delete your post, it's valid commentary, just keep in mind not everyone is caught up.

So, something like

Masterchef

[spoiler]Click if you dare[/spoiler]
would be grand

So the wife ask me to watch 13 Reasons Why with her. I hate teen movies/series, but to keep the peace in the house and collect some brownie points I agreed. :whistling:

It was a bit of an eye opener in the sense of, what if my kid are bullied,social isolated and traumatised like that. I don't even want to know what parents are going through if their child commits suicide because of bullies like that.

agreed. it's easy to dismiss the show because it would seem full of teenage drama. Yes it is, but the core story is very thought provoking. I don't recall going to school faced with that level of aggravation. I dont know if it's a typically american school thing, or if things are the same here here&now. Given social media broadcast of goings on, i'm tending toward the thinking the local schools are just as bad, just minus the mass shooting incidents.

agreed. it's easy to dismiss the show because it would seem full of teenage drama. Yes it is, but the core story is very thought provoking. I don't recall going to school faced with that level of aggravation. I dont know if it's a typically american school thing, or if things are the same here here&now. Given social media broadcast of goings on, i'm tending toward the thinking the local schools are just as bad, just minus the mass shooting incidents.

Social media bullying is massive. Something we will never understand.

Social media bullying is massive. Something we will never understand.

reminds me of something i see increasing in social psychology sorts of articles/studies: the world is more connected, but ppl are lonely. i guess with that as context, it seems logical that these days, ppl, adults and younger folk alike, will place a high value on whatever form of social connection they have. And flash crowds with wildly polarising views are so easily given a voice on social media than IRL.. ya. that could be some mental burden to bear, if you pay it serious heed.

THAT is not Magnum[emoji35]

You can't remake Magnum.. you CAN NOT try and recreate my childhood memories...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Don't todays generation of girlies deserve the chance to have the same fantasies you had? Would you deny them that?

:-)

It was a bit of an eye opener in the sense of, what if my kid are bullied,social isolated and traumatised like that. I don't even want to know what parents are going through if their child commits suicide because of bullies like that.

I really enjoyed 13 Reasons Why ... also thought it well shot with decent acting and a kick ass sound track

Started watching the rain on Netflix. Why they overdub English onto a Danish TV show I'll never understand. Rather keep it Danish and have English subtitles. I lasted about 15 min and then gave up

Going to start the final season of MASH ... and both looking forward to it and feeling sad it is coming to an end.

s-l225.jpg

seems I goth through half the final season last night  :eek:

Roseanne Barr is still (was ever?) Relevant?

Who actually watches that crud

????????????

Did you hear her explanation ..she was tweeting while on someor other drug..

The drug company's response ????????????

https://twitter.com/SanofiUS/status/1001824999496404992?s=19

"While all pharmaceutical treatments have side effects, racism is not a known side effect of any Sanofi medication.”

Did you hear her explanation ..she was tweeting while on someor other drug..

The drug company's response

https://twitter.com/SanofiUS/status/1001824999496404992?s=19

"While all pharmaceutical treatments have side effects, racism is not a known side effect of any Sanofi medication.”

jeez. that's right out of the nando's marketing department's top drawer. Damn sharp by sanofi.