2013 thehubsa TdF fantasy competition

Frosty

Almost Tour time...  

107 members have voted

1. 1. If organised again this year, will you enter?

• Yes
    • No

I suck at this - early days - I keep telling myself - happy to see Cadel Evans hanging on though - and Schlek making an appearance.

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tridude 38 Points in day Eish

My team had a very good Saturday!

They made a big move up the rankings.

Edited by Tridude

Just glad I'm going in the right direction... cracking stage today, nice to see the other teams taking it to Sky.

Great ride from Froome not to lose time, that would have hurt Movistar I reckon.

Edited by ChunkyMunky Lite

Oh dear

I tried something different this year and filled my team with youngsters.

Van Garderen, Pinot and Talansky have been a major let down.

Oh dear

I tried something different this year and filled my team with youngsters.

Van Garderen, Pinot and Talansky have been a major let down.

Hope you're lingering down in the sewers with me. ;)

I back those as well and they have done nothing but go backwards. Backed Movistar as the team of the race and then promptly dropped the individuals for a better spread. I'm actually hoping that my MS pick for team might drag me up a place or two...

Hope you're lingering down in the sewers with me. ;)

I back those as well and they have done nothing but go backwards. Backed Movistar as the team of the race and then promptly dropped the individuals for a better spread. I'm actually hoping that my MS pick for team might drag me up a place or two...

Also been let down by TJ and Pinot. :( Nonetheless I was smiling Saturday as Quintana and Porte helped me to a 36 point haul on the day, but now with Porte confined to pure Domestique duties, and Garmin and Sky nowhere in the teams, I think I may have peeked in my current 17th place...

I forgot who I picked, so I had to go take a lookie see again, and .......well, I figure my guys are just late starter's. :blush:

So my team did ok today...why no results yet??

Het jou!!

I know the funs starts tomorrow

Teams! Are you ready?

Ooh eh eh! Dale seems to be catching up to me slowly but surely.

Like Quintana catching up with Gesink...

I can see your shape up the road.

Also been let down by TJ and Pinot. :( Nonetheless I was smiling Saturday as Quintana and Porte helped me to a 36 point haul on the day, but now with Porte confined to pure Domestique duties, and Garmin and Sky nowhere in the teams, I think I may have peeked in my current 17th place...

Might start a side competition of picking a TdF fantasy competition - fantasy team. I'll pick 'dale and Cippo for a start cos by their own admission and they have skills. I'm hoping they'll make top ten in the league by comp end. ;)

Ooh eh eh! Dale seems to be catching up to me slowly but surely.

You've got Tony Martin on your team?

I have the advantage of seeing what each Hubber picks, and I could choose a team based on each person's historical performance. However, that would be likened to "cyber doping" and I don't like cheats, or cheating.

I picked my team based on my limited knowledge of ProCycling and, like Admin, I'm only entering to see how much (or is that "how little") I know - I am not eligible for the prizes.

Let's look at how the scoring is made up:

1. Daily stage points (315 points - 28.1%)

2. Top in each category, i.e. yellow, green, white, polka dot, teams (735 points - 65.6%)

3. Final Podium (55 points - 4.7%)

4. Most Aggressive Rider (18 points - 1.6%)

5. TOTAL POINTS (1121 points - 100%)

Considering my knowledge of the scoring system, I picked a team I thought would occupy the category positions (top 3) for the last 2 weeks of the Tour, and a sprinter occupying the yellow jersey courtesy of the win on the first stage - much like Cancellara did in London a few years back when he won the prologue and held yellow for the first week.

But that hasn't happened, and my strategy leaves me mid-pack, courtesy of some non-performing picks (Goss, Talansky, Pinot).