Wines 2 Whales - 2013

Francois Pienaar

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

W2W vs.S2C

Did Sani2C this year and it was awesome.

Can do either S2C again in 2014 or W2W.

For you guys which have done both, what do you reckon? Keen to heart the reasons.

Thanks!

Berg and Bush track is "proper mountain biking" and leaves both w2w and sani2c in the dust...

W2W with out a doubt in my book. The riding for me is on a different level. Nothing get dumbed down, but it all remains rideable. The vibe in camp for me is also better. My 2 cents anyway.

Great stuff thanks. Will have to do the Race I think, don't want to travel all the way to not do the whole thing!

Berg and Bush track is "proper mountain biking" and leaves both w2w and sani2c in the dust...

Oh no, so many choices! Berg and Bush timing isn't great, but maybe one day I'll be ssuper adventurous and do Joburg2C :-)

I have heard lots of different opinions on which one is better (from people who have done both), but Sani2C probably the more popular one of the 2.

But if I were you I would choose W2W - just to experience new things & ride new places and not just do the same thing over and over again + You would then have a first hand opinion of which one is the best when you choose your race for 2015 :)

(Just make sure you don't lose your Sani2C entry, might be difficult to get back in..)

It's the logic I was going to apply if there was no clear favorite :-)

On re-reading the website (and actually concentrating) it appears the changes apply to all three journeys - that's OK!

My partner binned it last week and broke his arm.

Most of my mates are either riding already, too fit for me, not fit enough, broke or busy on the weekend, so I am in a bit of a situation.

I am not sure if I want to sell my entry, or ride with someone selected randomly from a Joe Public poll...

It's the logic I was going to apply if there was no clear favorite :-)

I've done them both and really enjoyed each of them equally. They are both very different in terms of riding terrain, scenery and 'experience'. I would recommend doing them both then you can decide for yourself.

Lots of different people will tell you that one is better than the other but it really is what you make of it and your own personal experience.

Suddenly I am going, time for some emergency training. Two weeks is probably not enough. I'll add some htfu to my recovery drink and cry myself to sleep.