Tyres tyres tyres!!???!!

TrailWarrior

I have aquired a new set of Easton EA90XC and having wanted to put on my fav tyres that I have always stuck to (Maxxis Larsen TT tubeless)and never given me an ounce of trouble and just a good all round tyre, it would seem there are none around!! :( ....... There is a short MTB race coming up in 2 weeks and need to get some tyres as well as want to use the wheels in the Trans Baviaans in August!

Anybody got some good advice on options of 29er ust/tubeless tyres? Need strong sidewall, not too concerned about weight (within reason) and a general all round tyre for all conditions.

Any advice out there??

Edited by TrailWarrior

I have aquired a new set of Easton EA90XC and having wanted to put on my fav tyres that I have always stuck to (Maxxis Larsen TT tubeless)and never given me an ounce of trouble and just a good all round tyre, it would seem there are none around!! :( ....... There is a short MTB race coming up in 2 weeks and need to get some tyres as well as want to use the wheels in the Trans Baviaans in August!

Anybody got some good advice on options of 29er ust/tubeless tyres? Need strong sidewall, not too concerned about weight (within reason) and a general all round tyre for all conditions.

Any advice out there??

Maxxis Cross mark. Pretty tough.

I'm waiting for Schwalbe's new XC tire, the "Thunder Burt". Snakeskin Racing Ralph on the front and a Thunder Burt on the back : )

http://cdn.mos.bikeradar.com/images/news/2013/06/06/1370557887260-7kbsbi1xxw3v-670-75.jpg

http://cdn.mos.bikeradar.com/images/news/2013/06/06/1370557887267-1ul5acigxa265-670-75.jpg

http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/schwalbes-new-xc-race-tire-the-thunder-burt-37554/

Weights for Thunder Burt models

• 26x2.1 - 370g
  • 27.5x2.1 - 385g
  • 29x2.1 - 410g

Weights for Thunder Burt models with RaceGuard puncture-protection belt

• 26x2.1 - 450g
  • 29x2.1 - 480g

Edited by d@vid

Any advice out there??

Nobby nic front racing ralph back, snakeskin both. sidewalls are adequate but not super strong, great combo , very light too.

I'm waiting for Schwalbe's new XC tire, the "Thunder Burt". Snakeskin Racing Ralph on the front and a Thunder Burt on the back : )

+1 - will be trying this next, my Conti combo (MK + XK UST) probably have another month left in them and although they have been great I feel the need to try something different.

Maxxis ICON.

CWC have them for R390 at the moment

If you're riding TB the IKON's no question, super light and roll like slicks. I have had them on my bike for about 2 months and I cant praise them enough. Some guys say they dont have enough grip but I suspect theier pressures are too high. I run mine at 1.6 bar and they are FAR superior to the crossmarks. We did some serious terrain 2 weeks ago. At the end of the ride I pulled out 6 huge thorns (2 front and 4 back) sealed up straight away with batseal. Best tyre I have ever used. Wont be great in mud due to close tread pattern. Buy them, at this price they are a steal. Edited by MuddyMike

If your riding TB the IKON's no question, super light and roll like slicks. I have them on my bike for about 2 months and I cant praise them enough. Some guys say they dont have enough grip but I suspect theier pressures are too high. I run mine at 1.6 bar and they are FAR superior to the crossmarks. We did some serious terrain 2 weeks ago. At the end of the ride a pulled out 6 huge thorns (2 front and 4 back) sealed up straight away with batseal. Best tyre I have ever used. Wont be great in mud due to close tread pattern. Buy them, at this price they are a steal.

Oh yes, make sure you get the 2.2 not 2.1. 2.1 are too skinny and the 2.2's higher volume allow for lower running pressures.

get some smallblock8's, deffo for your front wheel. they have awesome grip :devil:

Not sure what deffo means in your part of the world but if it means definitely not ... then I agree.

Smallblock8 is the k@kest tire you can put on the front.

Put it on the front as a slick when you are doing the Funride World Champs on your naainer.

Seriously though ... how many tire freds are there on the hub now?

Best all rounder Racing Ralph Snakeskin front and rear.

Most durable and longest lasting Maxxis Ardent front, Crossmark rear

Not sure what deffo means in your part of the world but if it means definitely not ... then I agree.

Smallblock8 is the k@kest tire you can put on the front.

Put it on the front as a slick when you are doing the Funride World Champs on your naainer.

Seriously though ... how many tire freds are there on the hub now?

Best all rounder Racing Ralph Snakeskin front and rear.

Most durable and longest lasting Maxxis Ardent front, Crossmark rear

That was sarcasm sheldon...

+10 000 on the rest.