Unethical seller.

Wyatt Earp

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While on the oakley topic...

Bought oakleys from Junior Alberts (aka Marius Alberts), from Rawsonville 2 weeks ago, the bliksem sold me a fake pair of radarlocks.

Afterwards I notified him of this and got into a hectic argument but I threatened him as I now knew where he lives and knows his name and I met him and got my money back.

So keep an eye out for buying thins on the classifieds. Rather meet the person face to face and don't settle on sending the items off before the payment has been cleared.

I want to trust people but it seems some of them spoil everything for the rest of us.

While on the oakley topic...

Bought oakleys from Junior Alberts (aka Marius Alberts), from Rawsonville 2 weeks ago, the bliksem sold me a fake pair of radarlocks.

Eish.....go and give him a - rating then.

How do you tell a fake Oakley from the real deal.

One bad deal from a seller is one too many -- sort it out.

If you have proof of payment I would consider opening a case with SAPS -- seriously.

Too many deals go wrong on the net as sellers think they can get away with it -- no - no - no ..

Did I miss the "SELLERS" side of the story???

He is FREE to post it and I would advise him to DO so!!

Silence makes it worse

Edited by porqui

Did I miss the "SELLERS" side of the story???

No, man.

Edited by ' Dale

Fakeleys normally have the word "OFKLEY" (not oakley, although it is v similar) on one of the lenses, and they feel plasticky. Also don't have "made in the USA" on the inside, and there's extrusion lugs all over the place.

Eish.....go and give him a - rating then.

Was the first thing I did :thumbup: .

One bad deal from a seller is one too many -- sort it out.

If you have proof of payment I would consider opening a case with SAPS -- seriously.

Too many deals go wrong on the net as sellers think they can get away with it -- no - no - no ..

The moment you get it in your hands you will know.

But ja, like cpt armpies said, feels ver plasticky, colour is way off, lenses are not clear, logo on lens looks like it is printed on rather than being imbedded into the lens, stitching on the casing is not up to scratch, no bar codes or any labels on the box it came in.

Nogals had a story of where he bought it and how the oakley tent at the cape epic verified that it is a real oakley.

What I learned from this is to not trust people based on their enthicity. Have had great dealings with all the non white hubbers, got pounced twice now by afrikaners.

Edited by MTB Marinio

As the sun had set on this hump day, I still have no tracking number.

Not good at all. And although the seller apparently was online today, he chose not to respond. Shocking!

Ita a pity these bad sales happen..... all my hub dealings have been good. Both buying and selling..

Sorry guys for posting this, my intention was not to make the hub a negative place.

I deliberated heavily over posting it or not, I just feel it would be unfair for other hubbers to experience the same.