HOW TO TACKLE THE EPIC PROLOGUE!

jaxtun

Aaah, it's all so clear now. You came last. You're jealous of my 386th place. That's why you were pulling a CSI Mzanzi and trying to take an in depth investigation into the presence of Stanazolol in my system and cast doubts on my explanation along with Dr. Kranswurm, the Google MD.

Wait, I just made this thread about me...

I saw what you did there :o

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aaah, it's all so clear now. You came last. You're jealous of my 386th place. That's why you were pulling a CSI Mzanzi and trying to take an in depth investigation into the presence of Stanazolol in my system and cast doubts on my explanation along with Dr. Kranswurm, the Google MD.

Refer to page 7

You're so vein

If you have trained by doing 2h interval training sessions ,you just need to do the same

Thanks guys, most of you have really solid advice, never easy when your partner is not available to train with and the European climate is so different.... anyone have any good advice for a European partner - not big on internet else would get him on here!

mistake in my opinion, unless he pays for the race. All the guys I know of that did the same finished solo, their partners did not last past the 3d day.

Wahahahahahahaaaaaaa!!!!

Get your partner to do a 12 week training session on a WATT bike and send you his weekly results! Not sure how he will train for the technicle sections though.

That's quite a low blow.

I have never been last in an Epic prologue.

I don't need to balance on baby waves.

I actually have friends.

I am not two faced.

Now point number 1 will answer point number 4.

I never said the thread was about you, I said we were joking about your awesome prologue result, nothing to do with the thread, Carly Simon has the answer.

Unblock you so you can be the same you were the last time about an acronym that you argued with me that I made up some story.

Nee ou maat, you can maar stay where you are and rot in your loneliness.

You could always call me d@@s again as you feel it's justified, I must say ,you did that in such a smooth careful way, but I am sure a few peeps needed that to see the real you.

Now instead of jacking the thread, give some advice like the rest of us did.

You see we are very similar, especialy in our levels of hard headedness.

My advice to Jax would be to ask the mods to move the topic to the Training and nutrition section where it will be seen and commented on by more epic experienced riders and to delete all the posts that dont offer any constructive advice wrt the OP's original question. EDIT: Then i would try give some advice.

Edited by SwissVan

The simple answer to your question is this. You can never get back slow time but you can always slow down a little if you are tired in the future. Full gazz all the time. Even if it is a little slow. Done 2 Epics and a few other big races and this is always how I race. But that is just my opinion.

The simple answer to your question is this. You can never get back slow time but you can always slow down a little if you are tired in the future. Full gazz all the time. Even if it is a little slow. Done 2 Epics and a few other big races and this is always how I race. But that is just my opinion.

Good point about not getting time back, as someone else pointed out earlier (Jorsie I think) a slow time on the prologue could result in a start from the last batch the next day which means you get caught in all the congestion (riders who push / walk) on the early technical or steep climbs, often it is not easy to pass the walkers so you end up walking yourself. If you lose time this way early in a stage it could put pressure on you later in the stage to make the days cut off if you have any other difficulties (i.e. technical bike problem or one of the team starts struggling).

I'm competitive but I know my strengths, definitely didn't plan on getting a podium finish at the Epic, just wanted to finish it.

I don't really care if you finish in 50th position or 350th, you didn't win so who cares, it's just a number at the end of the day?

Did the prologue at the same pace we wanted to ride the rest of the race, only part I started stressing about was when that cut-off time on Stage 2 and 3 was getting a bit close so just pushed hard on Stage 4 which unfortunately saw my buddy crash out (but he was already blue-numbered) and I still managed to get my individual finish anyway.

One thing I've learned since then, no one really cares where you came just as long as you finished it.

Best of luck

p.s if you do the training you will be fine, but seeing guys walking the prologue you knew they weren't going to last long!

Quite funny seeing the UCI kicking out @iamtedking after possibly being 15% behind leaders on the TTT.

And then at the 'tour de france of mtb' 2013 prologue three guys didn't even finish.

about 30 teams took more than DOUBLE the winning time.

no strategy needed, just ride.