CAJEES Fourways ripoff

Paul Ruinaard

Why?

Look at the definition of new: previously unused.

VERY different to "current model".

Basic English bud

Correct.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey why u riding witout a helmut?

If he paints that bald forehead it will at least look as if he has a helmet on

I know exactly how you feel most shops want to ripp off they're customers so they can make big profit...I work in a LBS in north west and we give our lowest prices for our customers as they putt the food on our tables and we are there to build relationships with them not chase them to other shops

Im so conflicted... I want a spark 950.

My bike shop linden doesn't have stock. Ordering one with current exchange rates im looking at around 24000. Caj has one for 19. My problem is i don't like them, dont trust them. Cant get my self to buy from them.

1st world problem u know...

I would look at it that you are putting one over on them if you can work a great deal for yourself this way.

But dont worry about being conflicted, give it a few days and they will have caught up with the exchange rates on their old stock. No price differential, no conflict.

Why?

Look at the definition of new: previously unused.

VERY different to "current model".

Basic English bud

but , they didn't specify that it wasn't a current model. Say you bought a car this year, and there is just a smalldiff to one two years ago, and the dealership sold you that as new, how would you feel?

A Native American proverb tells of a young brave that needed to climb a tall steep mountian to prove he is a true warrior. After he had been climbing for just a short while, he encountered a rattle snake. Very cautious of the creature he started moving far away from it and found a new path up the rocks. But the snake called out to him and said "pleasss, pleasss put me in your ssssatchel and carry me up to the top where the rocksss are nice and warm." The young brave said "no, for you will bite me". The rattle snake replied "No I won't, I'm sssooo cold. I jussst want to enjoy the ssssun at the top. I promisss not to bite you". After much convincing the young brave decided to pick the snake up and put it in his satchel.

He continued to climb, and after many hours he reached the top. There he opened up his satchel to let the snake out. The snake slithered out, then turned around and bit the young brave on his hand. The brave cried out "why! WHY! did you do that?! You said you wouldn't bite me." The snake simply replied "you knew what I was when you picked me up.

Now children... the moral of the story is that when you see a sign titled "Caj#%$" you should know what you are dealing with.

As has been said before:

• know EXACTLY what you want and what it is really worth, or you're likely to pay too much/get sold somthing that you don't need/doesn't fit.
  • Be prepared that you will have to fight for a fair price.
  • Do not expect expert technical advice. (I once went to a Cajees branch that hadn't even heard of the brand "Yeti". They asked "Are these bikes good? Like Scott or Giant". I just laughed)

And my last bit of advice... I personally wouldn't pay more than R10 for ESI's :ph34r: ... ODI's FTW! :lol:

I've heard something similar except the character were different, there was a frog and a scorpion in the fable I heard. Amazing how many different places had a similar story. :o

I looked at buying a Scott 950 from them,

The Sales man told me "It even comes with hydraulic disc brakes" I just laughed and walked away...

You go into Cajees you get what you deserve !! I don't even drive past one of their shops.

I think it works both ways quite frankly.

Some years ago I purchased a Uvex helmet from a well known shop, I think it was 1500 bucks or something, cant remember, anyway, a year or so later I damaged it, but I liked the fit and so went back to the same store, they told me they dont sell them anymore and they didnt know who did.

I forgot about it and bought another brand, then one day I was strolling through Princess crossing and I saw literally hundreds of Uvex helmets in the store, I went in and asked how much,.... R850.00 was the answer.

So yah, works both ways I think.

Personally I dont buy much so seldom visit any stores, I service my bike twice a year and whatever parts need replacing gets done then, other than that I just buy tyres and tubes, but my impression is that if you want something Cajees will have it, on the shelf, and you could walk out with it, I dont know much about pricing but they appear to carry an inordinate amount of stock and that has cost implications, so its a trade off in my opinion, order it maybe a little cheaper and wait, or walk in, pay a bit more and walk out with the goods, or at least, thats the way I see it.

7 pages later and not a peep out of cajees( not that I saw) clearly they don't know there market, HUBBERS or clearly they feel ZIP FOR THERE "name"

7 pages later and not a peep out of cajees( not that I saw) clearly they don't know there market, HUBBERS or clearly they feel ZIP FOR THERE "name"

Maybe they know their market...that's why a few dudes gaaning on da hub is not really an issue to them ....just saying .

Maybe they know their market...that's why a few dudes gaaning on da hub is not really an issue to them ....just saying .

True HUBBERS are too " clever"

Oh, Indeed, you dont reach their level without knowing exactly who your target market is, no one in the industry has the stocking levels they have and no other retailer in the industry has as many stores in Gauteng, so clearly they know exactly who their market is, and that market is happy to support them.

Sad

Why you say that dips?,

Wither one likes their business model or not, the fact is they are an extremely successful operation and no one can take that away from them.