CAJEES Fourways ripoff

Paul Ruinaard

Let me state upfront that I have no affiliation to Cajees whatsoever.

People keep saying Cajees is a ripoff, but they are not the only retailer and you are not forced to buy. I read comments on Indian shops, "curry", Oriental Plaza etc., type of business been made here, comments which are made whenever Cajees is discussed, but lets keep in mind that you can negotiate to a price you are happy to pay, or you can leave and support any other store.

Lets not forget in 2008 Cycle Lab, Fritz Pienaar Cycles and about 40 other (and it should be said, mostly white-owned) bike shops were accused of colluding to set high prices, prices you would not be able to negotiate on and which would have cost you so much more (they received the attention of the Competition Commission in the process). The minutes went as far as saying they would pressurise the wholesalers to force smaller retailers to keep the prices high. So your "reputable" (white owned) bike shops may have colluded and fixed the prices to rip you off upfront, without your knowledge. Remember that Cajees was not part of that possible collusion.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

EVERY ONE IS DIFFERENT personally I HATE the barter way of doing business, so I know I will get shafted cause I wont stand there negotiating for anything,,,,again each to there own

I recently bought a car (Used Corolla )at Toyota....."R3995 for on the road costs Sir" said the nice salesman...I said are you crazy ....go talk to your manager ....salesman came back ..."no charge sir "saved myself 4K....but then I laaik to barter ..... :-)

Let me state upfront that I have no affiliation to Cajees whatsoever.

People keep saying Cajees is a ripoff, but they are not the only retailer and you are not forced to buy. I read comments on Indian shops, "curry", Oriental Plaza etc., type of business been made here, comments which are made whenever Cajees is discussed, but lets keep in mind that you can negotiate to a price you are happy to pay, or you can leave and support any other store.

Lets not forget in 2008 Cycle Lab, Fritz Pienaar Cycles and about 40 other (and it should be said, mostly white-owned) bike shops were accused of colluding to set high prices, prices you would not be able to negotiate on and which would have cost you so much more (they received the attention of the Competition Commission in the process). The minutes went as far as saying they would pressurise the wholesalers to force smaller retailers to keep the prices high. So your "reputable" (white owned) bike shops may have colluded and fixed the prices to rip you off upfront, without your knowledge. Remember that Cajees was not part of that possible collusion.

You clearly do not know what the meeting was actually about and certain people who are on The Hub was the reason why it was taken into the wrong light......anycase you can choose where to buy and the best price should be given from the start! Wonder what will happen when we start asking for discount at the food retailers.....

Edited by Sharkie 2

You clearly do not know what the meeting was actually about and certain people who are on The Hub was the reason why it was taken into the wrong light......anycase you can choose where to buy and the best price should be given from the start! Wonder what will happen when we start asking for discount at the food retailers.....

You mean you do not get discount for food???...... Get a Smart Shopper card dude!!!! ..... or start shopping at Karel Naidoo's corner shop, he gives great discount on Woolliies past " sell by date" items.

BTW Shimano (Coolheat) was part of the meeting, remember what they said in the "claimed to be unauthorized" minutes to force certain retailers out of the business.

Edited by Big H*

We all saw the minutes mate....collusion

You mean you do not get discount for food???...... Get a Smart Shopper card dude!!!! ..... or start shopping at Karel Naidoo's corner shop, he gives great discount on Woolliies past " sell by date" items.

BTW Shimano (Coolheat) was part of the meeting, remember what they said in the "claimed to be unauthorized" minutes to force certain retailers out of the business.

ha ha ha...but they've covered for the Discount already, like Cagy's 50% off sir, but its still cheaper at other shops!!!