CAJEES Fourways ripoff

Paul Ruinaard

wait a sec, didn't someone from Cagy s come on the hub some time ago...LOL that was CLASSIC.

I remember that. Was classic

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wait a sec, didn't someone from Cagy s come on the hub some time ago...LOL that was CLASSIC.

Ah yes... it was T-Dawg

He should come back and ruin the brand some more!

Maybe his flame suit is totally F@#$ed after last time he was here :w00t:

Just remember, all these stores still need to make a profit to survive. Just saying.

yes but ..... one would like to assume all products are marked up with a reasonable percentage and you are not getting ripped off. Sorry to stereotype and generalise here, but it seems to be a cultural thing: Case in point: I been supporting Timbercity in Blairgowrie for yonks, because they have good stock and cut to size. Never bother to shop around, always accept their prices at face value. So I call for a quote on a certain piece of cut timber. Get something like R250 (I recognised the voice of the person I spoke to). Go the shop and am served by the Indian guy (not the guy I spoke to on the phone), who wants to charge me R350 for the same. and only after telling him I was quoted R250 did he shrug his shoulders and use that price. He also gave a price on some brackets that were 50% more that another guy in the shop gave me. So 'their' way of doing business seems to be to take a chance with exorbitant markups, with the chance the customer wont notice or mind.

cultural thing to haggle, it seems.

Standing on the steps of a Durban hotel, waiting for my vehicle to arrive. Gentleman came up to me, attempting to offload 3 pairs of 1970s' nylon socks: 15 US Dollars- special price.

Asked him if I sounded american ? Price changed to 17 Pounds- special price.

So ja...

Weapons of mass destruction inflation....mmmm...seems to me that the big lbs's like solomons and cajees will ever truly 'value' any of their customers (ive purchased from both, so not choening their products/service)...regardless of prices etc...I often find the best lbs's are the smaller or struggling ones simply because they value their business....or maybe my pockets are just not deep enough

Shopping at cajees goes like this for me .This is what I want ,give me a realistic price please ? I pay ,then leave .Xt chain priced at R580. I paid R400.My lbs would probably charge me R450 and labour free

was just quoted R6000 for a rock shox reba RL, best price. I can import 2 at that price

I came across a Hubber who claimed he had bought a Trek 1200 with Tiagra from Cajees for R12 000. They sold him a 2005 model in 2011. It was obviously old, unsold stock.

Those particular models sold for R5 500 back in 2005. In fact Sportsmans Warehouse had discounted them to R4 900 when they discontinued Trek.

I came across a Hubber who claimed he had bought a Trek 1200 with Tiagra from Cajees for R12 000. They sold him a 2005 model in 2011. It was obviously old, unsold stock.

Those particular models sold for R5 500 back in 2005. In fact Sportsmans Warehouse had discounted them to R4 900 when they discontinued Trek.

Shame....poor bugger....suppose we all learn one way or another

Im so conflicted... I want a spark 950.

My bike shop linden doesn't have stock. Ordering one with current exchange rates im looking at around 24000. Caj has one for 19. My problem is i don't like them, dont trust them. Cant get my self to buy from them.

1st world problem u know...

My bike shop linden doesn't have stock. Ordering one with current exchange rates im looking at around 24000. Caj has one for 19. My problem is i don't like them, dont trust them. Cant get my self to buy from them.

You saving 5 K...whats the problem... :eek:

was just quoted R6000 for a rock shox reba RL, best price. I can import 2 at that price

2013 model? Which site? Please send link

Edited by rouxtjie

Have you tried Westdene?