Chinese Carbon Wheels

Meezo

Looks like we are 4 in CPT and 1 in Potch. Who has done it before and able to setup for the group buy?

I also need some cool looking wheels!! Another one from Potch!

What would be your suggestions ? I am 183cm and not to big around 69-73 kgs.

38/50 combo or 50/50?

I want to use the wheels all time round so will clinchers be better than tubbies for this purpose?

Or should I stick to using them for racing?

Thanks AJ

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone received any light-bike mtb rims yet? How are they holding up? I might go for the hookless bead design.

Nite Rider has some, I think. Looking that way myself when i have the cash to splash

Nite Rider has some, I think. Looking that way myself when i have the cash to splash

Cool. Same here. I'll let you know when I plan on splashing my cash and we can stay updated.

Does anyone know what it costs to land a carbon mtb 29er wheel set in sa? With the current exchange rates

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up my package today from Capemail...landed price R4400. carbon clinchers with Zipp 303 stickers...

I just opened the box, will post pics once I've inspected them more closely...

I picked up my package today from Capemail...landed price R4400. carbon clinchers with Zipp 303 stickers...

I just opened the box, will post pics once I've inspected them more closely...

Why would you get the Zipp stickers?

Cos he wants to look cool, while being a douche.

Personally i'm hoping the stickers aren't for the wheels and are to rather put elsewhere...like 1 on the back of his laptop and 1 on the bumper of his car and 1 on the fridge...because we all know it isn't cool to put Zipp stickers on non-Zipp wheels!

Didn't ask for them, it was there...personally I prefer the clean look without stickers.

On the other hand I do have a decent set of Shamals I bought last year for racing, the China imports are just to look cool on my training rides...I didn't want to buy from the local company's and pay R7k-R9k!

Personally i'm hoping the stickers aren't for the wheels and are to rather put elsewhere...like 1 on the back of his laptop and 1 on the bumper of his car and 1 on the fridge...because we all know it isn't cool to put Zipp stickers on non-Zipp wheels!

Agreed totally, wouldn't want to mess up my current campy setup with fake Zipp stickers...I will however only take the free stickers that is already on the wheels off in the summer, don't want to be flamed now :P

Why would you get the Zipp stickers?

I didn't ask for them, that is how they sold them

I didn't ask for them, that is how they sold them

Put the decals up for sale ... I'm sure ther are some Zipps out there that can do with some replacements ... maybe even mine. ;)

Did you get standard decals or are they something special.?

Put the decals up for sale ... I'm sure ther are some Zipps out there that can do with some replacements ... maybe even mine. ;)

Did you get standard decals or are they something special.?

Unfortunately they are on the wheels already, I will however remove them...

Check them outpost-12122-0-34160400-1399634843_thumb.jpg