Chinese Carbon Wheels

Meezo

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just built up a set of these - http://www.light-bicycle.com/wider-carbon-mountain-29er-rims-clincher-tubeless-compatible.html. I've got the front on a Hope hub, and the rear on a Roval hub. DT Swiss competition spokes on both, with brass nipples (to avoid any future corrosion issues).

The front rim was their standard spec, and came in at 384g. The rear is their "heavier" spec which gets an extra wrap of carbon, and came in at 424g.

They're getting used on my Stumpy FSR. Only had them a week and a bit, so haven't given them a good thumping yet, but they've been good so far on mid-size jumps, drop-offs and rocky stuff.

Cant follow the link for some reason. Are they the Wide rims or the Narrow rims? How are you finding them? How does the lighter front rim compare to a normal alloy rim in terms of stiffness?

They're the wide ones. They are supposedly stiffer than aluminum rims, but I can't feel any difference. I can however notice the slightly quicker acceleration from the lighter weight.

Anyone have experience with mega composites?post-26136-0-68278000-1374944592_thumb.jpgpost-26136-0-21651200-1374944604_thumb.jpg

I do yes,

They will not sell direct to public or end user.

OEM/ODM orders must be a min of 50 rims or more.

They do not accept paypal as payment either.

I do yes,

They will not sell direct to public or end user.

OEM/ODM orders must be a min of 50 rims or more.

They do not accept paypal as payment either.

Thanks CCD. When are you releasing your wider rim wheelsets?

Thanks CCD. When are you releasing your wider rim wheelsets?

Just did last week.

1st set already sold.

PM me if you want more details as I have not been able to update the website yet.

Mate of mine rides 24 spoke 29'er carbon rims on his bike. Did the recent SA Champs on them and a few marathon races. He says he pretty much raped them at the nationals, so much so that he burped some air out of the tyre and the tyre climbed a little out of the bead seat on the rim, and they are still dead straight.

• 2 months later...

Hi

Need advise, can you change a freebody on the Chinese rims from Shim to Campy?

You should be able to, but it will depend on the hubs. The popular "chinese" hubs are Novatec( Evobikes should stock spares as I believe they are the SA agents), Powerway( not sure if there is a local supplier) and Bitex( Dark Horse Wheels are built with these hubs, so they should either carry spares or at least point you in the right direction)

• 3 weeks later...

When it comes to the wheel finish for road wheels, what seems to be the more popular choice-3k matt or 3k gloss?

Edited by Pusher

Looking at a set of carbon mtb wheels. I see a few hubbers have them. Any advice on where to buy from and what is reliable?

I also would like to know from hubbers who have them how are they holding up. Some of the post are months old so an update on those using them would be helpful.

I ride a 29er HT and do XC and XCO. Weigh 85kgs.