Can you "Bunnyhop" without clipless?

braailegend

169 members have voted

1. 1. Can you bunnyhop without clipless?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't know, The Shop assistant told me I need clipless to ride a bike
    • Impossibru, you cannot bunnyhop without clipless
  2. 2. How high can you go, with or without clipless?

• a Pavement
    • 30cm
    • 60cm
    • 90cm
    • 1m+
    • None

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you try a sideways jerk off in a cross rutted situation... I fear the results might be painful.

Don't ever try a sideways jerk off, you could break a bone.

Raaait round number 2:

Just in case this pronking term becomes popular

Q: Is it possible to bunny hop with cleated pedals and shoes?

Don't ever try a sideways jerk off, you could break a bone.

...and if you don't break a bone, it might just stay sideways permanently :w00t:

Raaait round number 2:

Just in case this pronking term becomes popular

Q: Is it possible to bunny hop with cleated pedals and shoes?

A: Yes

Q: Is it possible to pronk with flats?

A: Yes ;)

This makes me want to get it 100% right.

I think someone said the right words...it's about believing you can do it.

My motto about learning to MTB...first you have to find out what the bike can do, the you find out what you can do...

My motto about learning to MTB...first you have to find out what the bike can do, the you find out what you can do...

Hmm.... i'm not convinced this is an essential trick to learn, depending on the type of riding you do and the type of pedals you use.

I must admit I would like to be able to do the correct bunny hop but not sure i'm going to spend to much time trying...managed to survive so far without being able to do it.

IMO its a bit like being able to wheelie for long distances, nice but not essential....

EDIT:

Flame suit activated

Edited by SwissVan

I have a long way to come even close to what my bike can do but luckily I am not a 'circus act' and have come to terms with my genetic limitations ;)

Hmm.... i'm not convinced this is an essential trick to learn, depending on the type of riding you do and the type of pedals you use.

I must admit I would like to be able to do the correct bunny hop but not sure i'm going to spend to much time trying...managed to survive so far without being able to do it.

IMO its a bit like being able to wheelie for long distances, nice but not essential....

EDIT:

Flame suit activated

Too true, that's probably why I can't do half the stuff others can, I've made it so far without and do pretty well I think.

Some people have lots of time on their hands, bwahahaha.

I can climb pavements at least :blush:

EDIT:

Flame suit activated

It's not a trick. It's the only way to pull the hot cherries!

I have a long way to come even close to what my bike can do but luckily I am not a 'circus act' and have come to terms with my genetic limitations ;)

The other thing I've learnt is that I need a certain level of technicality because I don't have the power to pull me through as most guys do.

EDIT:

Flame suit activated

Sure, not essential but cool....that it is...you can dismount pick your bike up and walk over the big log in the way or you can pop over it like its nothing...carrying the speed you built up....your call

I still think jerk-off was a better name than pronk.

While saying "I pronked that log" is funny, saying "I jerk-offed that log" is way better.

This is not open for debate anymore....its a pronk.