Post your car p*rn

Behan

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Only the very top one ever gave me the shivers! The lower few are fat cows by comparison.

My first nice car was a Golf 3 GTI. In Burgundy. Yissie I thought I was the Cat's Pajama's in that thing.

Gti versions 1 to 4 were my "food". Gave versions 1 & 2 carrots with my Langley SSS Turbo, and later on, versions 3 & 4 with my Sentra 200STi.

Loved to lure them into races by just pushing them a bit, or just my putting a fender ahead from the pull off at traffic lights. Then it was game on.....

What was it traded in for?

A Range Rover, not sure which one.

I only got to drive the Alfa to the wash bay and then to take the pics.

Not the most powerful or the fastest thing in a straight line, but should be pretty potent on a track and it sounded rather nice too.

Was sold to a proper enthusiast.

Gti versions 1 to 4 were my "food". Gave versions 1 & 2 carrots with my Langley SSS Turbo, and later on, versions 3 & 4 with my Sentra 200STi.

Loved to lure them into races by just pushing them a bit, or just my putting a fender ahead from the pull off at traffic lights. Then it was game on.....

Those STIs and the less popular GXI sabre were excellent cars for their day. Also a sleeper was the old 323 2.0 GLI or something. Those things were frighteningly quick for that chassis. 

Those STIs and the less popular GXI sabre were excellent cars for their day. Also a sleeper was the old 323 2.0 GLI or something. Those things were frighteningly quick for that chassis. 

Yes..... But..... Nissan.

And what is the verdict..?

My son turns 18 end of 2019 and have been reading up on that specific car..it may just be perfect for him

(Budget permitting of course)

Late response - was in Madagascar.

By now all the newspapers test drove it, but my personal opinion:

- Loved the gutters on the roof - no more rain straight into the window (I got wet from that just a week before the demo)

- A lot more stable on tar road at 130. They didn't take us on uphills to test if you could pass another car - probably still not. Also didn't experience cross-winds.

- I didn't like that the steering wheel was so sensitive at 130. You'll probably get use to it quickly.

- On the non-entry levels a nice little rack in the boot to level up the packing space. With my Jimny we just pack sleeping backs or small bags in that space to achieve the same.

- The boot is about 80 litres bigger, but still tiny. It's not a family car.

- The first pictures I saw I found them ugly, but the shape quickly grew on me!

- The biggest thing is probably the traction control. We drove around the 4x4 course at Bass lake. First the current Jimny had to go through each obstacle, carefully picking a line, and then the new Jimnys followed - just point the nose and go. Very impressive on cross-axles.