TBMTBC what you are not allowed to talk about on FB group

Guest Smimby

Disylizzy, if you have issues, approach the guys directly. They acknowledge they have awful communication issues.

Facebook is a TERRIBLE tool for any kind of constructive discussion, and I understand why things get deleted and edited from time to time. Its just a poor platform for meaningful engagement.

Pick up the phone and raise your issues directly.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Disylizzy, if you have issues, approach the guys directly. They acknowledge they have awful communication issues.

Facebook is a TERRIBLE tool for any kind of constructive discussion, and I understand why things get deleted and edited from time to time. Its just a poor platform for meaningful engagement.

niterider, the chairman, and other committee members themselves have been contacted NUMEROUS times via phone calls and emails. Smimby would be able to elaborate further on the phone calls. There's a decent size group of us that would like to meet with them over varying issues, and we get postponed, and postponed, and postponed. And then two of the people get banned on the FB page for a nonsensical reason, and even after having spoken to the chairman directly and having him agree that it doesn't make sense, their application to join the FB page again gets denied.

niterider, the chairman, and other committee members themselves have been contacted NUMEROUS times via phone calls and emails. Smimby would be able to elaborate further on the phone calls. There's a decent size group of us that would like to meet with them over varying issues, and we get postponed, and postponed, and postponed. And then two of the people get banned on the FB page for a nonsensical reason, and even after having spoken to the chairman directly and having him agree that it doesn't make sense, their application to join the FB page again gets denied.

They sound like bullies to me that like to hide secrets.

They acknowledge they have awful communication issues.

By deleting posts on Fb they only make it worse . Freedom of speech and open communication is crucial any organisation , by denying your members this you create only more problems .

You are right , the right channels should be followed to find a solution BUT mediums like Facebook should not be patrolled like a communist concentration camp .

That was why I asked the membership fee question.

Can't find the exact number, but it was something over 2000 members. Obviously they need to pay for trail maintenance and land owners, etc.

This is the hub, I know what'll happen. Fortunately over the years I've made some really good friends on here and have, I think, a pretty good reputation. So the people that do know me, will realize I'm not just barking up a tree for no apparent reason.

I'll vouch for DizzlLizzy's character... not a trouble maker in any way, just wants info to which she is surely entitled to as a paying member... and isn't here to troll!

Edited by MariusL

My useless 2c.

I am one of those members that simply enjoy the trails. I go ride, and I enjoy it. However I will also vouch for Dizzy, Smimby and DaVinci, as I have ridden with them all before.

As members we are allowed to get access to certain information, especially when you ask for it. To have meetings postponed, and banning members from a Facebook page, I would also get worried about what is going on. What do they have to hide?

Interestingly the latest debacle couldve been avoided if the clubs info officer (Facebook Patroller) either had had or had remembered the official status on the question asked. It should have been handled with more Diplomacy - the persons banned from FB were given the reasons that the comments/ questions asked would jeapordise the clubs relationships with land owners. But the flippant, dimissive comments on the original post by said official were far more negative and potentially damaging. There is a way you should handle uncomfortable questions and i dont think it was handled well at all considering.

Transparency and open communication are the key in any "service" organisation. By banning people, deleting posts, not answering or ignoring emails, people will start to question the ethics and honesty of the leaders within that organisation.

Guest Smimby

Transparency and open communication are the key in any "service" organisation. By banning people, deleting posts, not answering or ignoring emails, people will start to question the ethics and honesty of the leaders within that organisation.

What thug said !

I for one am gatvol of the way a certain committee member administers the Facebook page. He runs it like the Gestapo would run things, simply deleting valid questions that are asked by "dissidents" or anything he doesn't approve of. What are you hiding bud??!!

Edited by GoBig

If you have a FB page you need to make sure its managed by someone that knows what they are doing

You cant delete things just because you dont like them

Dizzy you guys should press harder for answers or let more members know about whats going on

and I'm sure that the OP would do a much better job at administering the club and it's Facebook page then the current administration...but then, that's probably what the current administration thought, when they took over from the previous admin.

We all have a tendency to think that we can do things better, but most of us are better volunteers of ideas, but not the man power required to implement, though I'm certain that that is not the case with this threads biggest contributors.

With an estimated income in excess of R1bar and from subs alone................... sounds like an article from the 'Daily Sun' - full of sensationalism and thin on fact

and I'm sure that the OP would do a much better job at administering the club and it's Facebook page then the current administration...but then, that's probably what the current administration thought, when they took over from the previous admin.

We all have a tendency to think that we can do things better, but most of us are better volunteers of ideas, but not the man power required to implement, though I'm certain that that is not the case with this threads biggest contributors.

With an estimated income in excess of R1bar and from subs alone................... sounds like an article from the 'Daily Sun' - full of sensationalism and thin on fact

All you said is really totally irrelevant when people only want simple and honest answers to straight questions.

It's not a mud slinging match, this has more to do with members paying their fee and wanting openness and honesty.

Removing members from your Facebook page when things get a little too close for comfort stinks of hidden agenda.

It has nothing to do with who thinks they can do a better job or not.

Not so long ago one of the MTB bodies had funds syphoned form the Northern Gauteng region, if no questions were asked, nobody would have been any wiser.

Edited by Wyatt Earp