TBMTBC what you are not allowed to talk about on FB group

Guest Smimby

All you said is really totally irrelevant when people only want simple and honest answers to straight questions.

It's not a mud slinging match, this has more to do with members paying their fee and wanting openness and honesty.

Removing members from your Facebook page when things get a little too close for comfort stinks of hidden agenda.

It has nothing to do with who thinks they can do a better job or not.

Not so long ago one of the MTB bodies had funds syphoned form the Northern Gauteng region, if no questions were asked, nobody would have been any wiser.

This guy makes sense.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Smimby

and I'm sure that the OP would do a much better job at administering the club and it's Facebook page then the current administration...but then, that's probably what the current administration thought, when they took over from the previous admin.

We all have a tendency to think that we can do things better, but most of us are better volunteers of ideas, but not the man power required to implement, though I'm certain that that is not the case with this threads biggest contributors.

With an estimated income in excess of R1bar and from subs alone................... sounds like an article from the 'Daily Sun' - full of sensationalism and thin on fact

I don't understand why the FB page has so many posts that gets deleted.

Apparently they don't want the landowners to see the questions and the comments on the clubs FB page hence they remove comments.

But why not rather ask what is wrong that make people ask those questions in the first place? Treating the symptom does not help.

Clear, correct, timely communication without attacking anyone can solve/ prevent situations.

Glad some of us can at least voice our opinions here.

With an estimated income in excess of R1bar and from subs alone................... sounds like an article from the 'Daily Sun' - full of sensationalism and thin on fact

Not really Antoo. Simple arithmetic really. In excess of 2,000 active paying members at more than R500 per year and bam. There's your magic 1 bar that you claim to be sensationalist. That's excluding sponsorship (which does count as income)

From what I've seen and heard before, I'm surprised this hadn't surfaced earlier.

I don't understand why the FB page has so many posts that gets deleted.

Apparently they don't want the landowners to see the questions and the comments on the clubs FB page hence they remove comments.

But why not rather ask what is wrong that make people ask those questions in the first place? Treating the symptom does not help.

Clear, correct, timely communication without attacking anyone can solve/ prevent situations.

Glad some of us can at least voice our opinions here.

Here's an idea....Why not take those same questions directly to the landowners?? If it is in their best interest to know about them...make sure that they get to see them!!

a club is only as good as it's MEMBERS make it...not one a-hole that controls the FB page...let the masses speak!

Sorry to hear.

As a roadie, I'm look with great admiration at the organisation of the TMB initiative here in my 'hood - for the love of cycling.

Now this nonsense. Tch!

Make this public.

Apply pressure.

And make the change.

They exist because of membership..

Someone with facts can correct me if I'm wrong but somebody mentioned last week at the Meerendal night ride that TBMC has in excess of 3000 members.. For argument's sake we let 2000 members pay the R550 full rate and the other 1000 the pro-rata post June rate of R400 then you come to +-R1,5mill.. Nothing sensational about those figures Antoon.

Not really Antoo. Simple arithmetic really. In excess of 2,000 active paying members at more than R500 per year and bam. There's your magic 1 bar that you claim to be sensationalist. That's excluding sponsorship (which does count as income)

From what I've seen and heard before, I'm surprised this hadn't surfaced earlier.

Guest Smimby

Here's an idea....Why not take those same questions directly to the landowners?? If it is in their best interest to know about them...make sure that they get to see them!!

a club is only as good as it's MEMBERS make it...not one a-hole that controls the FB page...let the masses speak!

Well this is the interesting part, questions that don't have anything to do with the landowners gets deleted, because it might look like there is "infighting" in the club.

1. why can we not maintain trails in summer?

2. What is the club getting out of the race going over the trails on a said weekend

Here we're some answers. Before it was removed since "we are not entering into a debate"

1. Don't you know you need rain to maintain trails. (Now dare suggest anything and it is viewed as an ARGUMENT and your post is removed)

2. It is an landowner initiative. "Guess who owns the land" was also the response

Again, respond or discuss and you will be told you are arguing and post deleted.

Other than the communication, the club is doing good things.

The trails are looking ok and there has been new trails added.

The problem though is communication and FB group administration.

Here is an extract of the FB terms. How can it be right?

"The committee reserves the right to remove anybody from this page at

their sole discretion without reason at any time. With or without any

explanation."

Edited by Smimby

Who administers the FB group?

Is this person voted into the position at some sort of meeting?

Does this person report to a chairman or someone more senior that the problem can be taken to?

Guest Smimby

Who administers the FB group?

Is this person voted into the position at some sort of meeting?

Does this person report to a chairman or someone more senior that the problem can be taken to?

Yes at the agm, and the problem has been reported but has not improved.

All registered clubs are required to have a constitution,AGM's,monthly meetings of the committee, etc.

Raise the issue with one of the committee members are request it to be raised at the next meeting and await feedback.

If this does not happen raise it at the AGM and vote for your committee members

These are the kind of things embodied in the constitution.

A FB page where you enter into discussion with members is a risky business as you are bound to get into disputes etc.

Guest Smimby

All registered clubs are required to have a constitution,AGM's,monthly meetings of the committee, etc.

Raise the issue with one of the committee members are request it to be raised at the next meeting and await feedback.

If this does not happen raise it at the AGM and vote for your committee members

These are the kind of things embodied in the constitution.

A FB page where you enter into discussion with members is a risky business as you are bound to get into disputes etc.

That the plan, but we also want to chat here on how to make the short term things better.

Since suggestions on certain trail improvements does not make it to the meetings, we want to discuss it here and hopefully take many ideas to the trail builders.

We have section of trail called Bury Stander section, and there are some much needed but big deepish water runoff cuts at 90deg through the trail. I want to see if other hubbers can maybe give us ideas on something to do there differently and better.

And here we can it without fear.....:-)

I think it is time you stage a coup.

Fire the FB nazi, and get a new manager/committee.

In my town their are two big clubs, and each have their own battles with members and landowners.

It is not an easy job, and a thankless tasj, but you do need transparency and can't have issues like these.

I must say, the guy who administers the facebook account is quite annoying.

name and shame.