TBMTBC what you are not allowed to talk about on FB group

Guest Smimby

If and when I ride the Tygerberg trails and have to use the honesty box due to the ticket sales being closed, I try and remember to add my business card or a scrap of paper with my name on it ..... just incase some one confronts me and disputes that I have put any funds in the box at all.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And you have to start with the name calling hey? And it is no secret what my name is bud, it is only profile.... :-)

If you can not work the trail, what do they do during summer then?

How did they build a new section in summer at Hoogekraal but could not fix the widowmaker that was right next to where they were working.

Were you not the one who posted this "I would explain to you how you were born and how you could get back there" And then believes it is NOT a PERSONAL attack..

Anyway I am trying to get people to see that we CAN improve and that it just needs to happens quicker.

This year we waited for 7 months for our CC type membership cards.....really?

Hey leave the widowmaker out of this, it is the only reason I ride there. :ph34r: :ph34r:

I prefer it to look more than the contermans black route ...

I said the one guy was annoying... hell I am sure I am as well (thats just me) I think Facebook in general is annoying, and I only subscribe to get club info, not to read the load of shite people post on there.

I ride the trails weekly, yes the stepovers p me off as well, i just dont do the green corridors anymore. Personally, all things equal, I love the trails, I love their enthusiasm, and can't wait for the newsletters.

My final observation. Why do people always have to get personal. You guys obviously know each other. I have an idea, bliksem mekaar and get it over and done with.

Afterwards have a beer, and build another widowmaker.

MTBeer/Schwinn Lover, can either of you answer this?

sorry boet. i just ride there - don't know the inner workings of the club. but even R400 for 6 months is a bargain.

Guest Smimby

sorry boet. i just ride there - don't know the inner workings of the club. but even R400 for 6 months is a bargain.

Well then maybe this is why you dont understand where we comming from hey?

Might be a bargain but not fair hey? 6 mnts should be half price I think......?

Edited by Smimby

Bargain!?

Fair!!??

This thread started about lack of communication and I see it has progressed to the name calling that happens on the FB page.

For the naysayers, what is an acceptable amount of time to respond to someone when an email is sent with a question/comment/request? We all have jobs to pay for our cycling addiction, so if you can't get to something during working hours, I find that acceptable. So how long then to even just send a "Hey, got your email, am busy right now. Will get back to you when I can"?

Then if the soil and clay is too hard to do trail maintenance during summer, I'll have to let all the contractors know that they can't work during the months of November through June, cause they obviously didn't get the memo that they need water in order to work in the clayey soils. It has been requested and even offered that a trail maintenance day will be forthcoming, that was a couple of months ago.

For the size of the FB group, is one person enough to handle being admin/moderator? As has been stated before he does have a day job, so obviously can't attend to all the comments posted there. Take the Hub for instance, we have multiple moderators.

Amazing how people only state what they want you to know. Da Vinci you know that as far as finances go the club is still recovering from a major financial setback that nobody wants to talk about. As for you Coenie(same dog as your FB profile) well you just want to cause trouble and no you cannot work the trail in summer cause the clay is rock hard and cannot be molded, a principal you fail to understand, you still feel you can fix the trail with your cycling shoe.

The club cannot please everyone but seems to be pleasing 95% of the members??

Get a life people, as long as we have stunning trails at a budget price, lets just ride our bikes.

P.S. The person managing the FB page has a day job but still tries to answer questions timeously, he is not perfect and does not get paid for his time BUT does try to help!!

@Smimby, I do believe this post is referring to your avatar, which is the same dog.

phew and here i was thinking i will dust off 3 years of neglect from my mtb. i know about the honesty box but the last thing i need is for someone to get into my face accusing me of being dishonest. i've only ridden Majick so i don't know where the honesty boxes are on the other trails but here is a suggestion: ride with the fee in your pocket (how much is it?), if confronted, pay, get receipt, if no receipt don't pay, drop off fee into the box after your ride.

Guest Smimby

I think that there are more people on this thread that feel the same than what there are naysayers....

Maybe it is starting to reflect the true "feeling" in the club.

Without knowing the trail, one relatively easy solution to the water channels (issue?) could be to line them with small to medium sized stone. This is of course dependent on a few factors such as rate of flow - if the water moves quick enough to keep the channel clear of debris/sediment, then it will be a lasting solution.

But on second thought, just so I don't get called names for making a comment, I retract that suggestion and will continue to just read in amazement.

I think that there are more people on this thread that feel the same than what there are naysayers....

Maybe it is starting to reflect the true "feeling" in the club.

You have 11 followers listening in on this thread.. you are certainly saying something of interest.

i nominate smimby and dizzylizzy for positions on the committee.

Funny you should mention that, because I have volunteered both my personal time and professional services to the committee and was contacted by the chairman who was very keen to meet. I'm still waiting for him to get back to me to set up a time to meet in person (and I have followed it up with an email to remind him).

Guest Smimby

Without knowing the trail, one relatively easy solution to the water channels (issue?) could be to line them with small to medium sized stone. This is of course dependent on a few factors such as rate of flow - if the water moves quick enough to keep the channel clear of debris/sediment, then it will be a lasting solution.

But on second thought, just so I don't get called names for making a comment, I retract that suggestion and will continue to just read in amazement.

We tried to suggest that, but apparently it will not work in that section, slope to steep. I was thinking of 200mm wide wood planks 3m long and just lay it over....(wood sourced for free allready)

BUT I dont know how one can anchor them in ? Any ideas?

I'm probably not going to renew my 2014 membership for two reasons:

1. I don't use the durbanville/contermanskloof trails often enough to justify the annual expense, and;

2. When Majik Forest was fenced up, there was no early warning or notice and expected TBMTBC to cover the expense of the scanner since this is one of the more accessible trails to its members.

With reference to point number two I was actually locked in and had to make a dangerous re-route up the downhill section of the narrow forest trail, nearly crashing into someone.

Edited by Journosergio