MotoGP

SeaBee

I'm not getting into a keyboard debate.

Leaving a gap is one thing but Marquez physically hit Bautista so hard it forced him to retire.

Here is the article:

http://www.motorbiketimes.com/news/people/celebrity/bautista-blames-marquez-for-his-retirement-in-qatar-$21385019.htm

I think the fact that he got close enough to shear the brake hose and sensors says enough.

Why should another rider have to suffer because the boy who laid the golden egg had a crappy start.

Rewatching that video shows me that it was even less of an impact than I first thought. The angle doesn't show how close it actually was, unfortunately, but it was close enough to cause damage (you can actually see the sparks from the disconnected hose). Miller's overtake on Hayden was just as hard. Heck, if you really want to pick a Marquez overtake as being harsh it will be where he stood Hernandez up trying to pass the gaggle of Geese Ducks.

Since we're getting pedantic, what about Simone Corsi chopping off Tito's nose? Or Jules Danilo riding into the back of Khairuddhin? Or Pons absolutely smashing into Salom?

Yes, it is really unfortunate that Bautista picked up the damage, but if you start handing out penalty points for stuff like that they might as well abandon Moto3.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Moto gp was one of if not the best race I have ever watched...the doctor showed his class even though he was getting creamed down the straight. Dovi made a mistake at the last cnr and ran it ever so slightly deep into the last turn. That's why he couldn't even get closer enough to think about out dragging Rossi to the line.

But what an awesome race,nearly woke the kids up shouting at the tv. The missus and i loved every lap.

As for moto 3 will always watch that , maybe even more so than moto gp. 6 wide into a cnr and they mostly seem to always Come out of it ,unbelievable.

Marc is a no holds barred kinda of rider,but he is young. Like Rossi and biaggi or Rossi & gibernau....makes for excellent viewing.

Still think Mm is gonna be hard to stop again....he came from last for crying out loud. Hope I'm wrong,but we can only hope that most of the races are like that.

Edited by Aka pikey

, but if you start handing out penalty points for stuff like that they might as well abandon Moto3 go drive an F1 hybrid vehicle

There, fixed it...

I think Rossi being the only one to pick a hard front tyre may just have worked for him.

I think that Rossi being an amazingly talented rider worked for him.

He gets the best out of any tyre - new, worn, shredded, wets - doesn't matter.

I think that Rossi being an amazingly talented rider worked for him.

He gets the best out of any tyre - new, worn, shredded, wets - doesn't matter.

yeah, BUT - the choice of a hard front was really, really clever. It came into life in the later part of the race, just when the medium compound tires would have been tailing off in their performance. 

I was really, relly impressed with the Ducati tyre management though, and i reckon that's also why Marquez only managed to get back to 5th - cos he worked that bike SO damn hard, the tyres must have taken a beating. 

But yes - Vale showed his true colours., He's back to form, and wants another title badly. 

Any other rider in that position....who's knows ?

VR is special even at 36.. He has and always will be the master tactician .

He forced dovi into that last cnr mistake,by being in front at the last cnr.

The Ducati otherwise could of out dragged him to the line,like most other laps.

VR knew exactly how hard to push and when.sublime ride.

Why must they have two weeks between races?*  One week is too long.  I want to watch more right now!

I'd love to go to all the races - follow them around the world.  The vibe at the races is amazing!

Bring back phakisa !

A few snippets I see - Pedrosa is out of racing with his arm issues and Lorenzo was slowed by his helmet inner falling over his eyes. A few changes for the next race??