MotoGP

SeaBee

What sucks about the move is that the whole championship is becoming a bit of a Spanish National Championship.

With Jorge on the Duck and Vinyales moving onto the other yam there's only 2 non Spaniards on potential title winning machinery. Rossi and whoever else is on the other Ducati.

Sad really. 

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he suits the bike looking at Dovi's riding style and results. Wonder if Yamaha will let him test at Valentin after the final race or block him like they did with Rossi's move to Ducati??

I hope he succeeds, then for Suzuki to do well and relegate Honda and Yamaha to 3rd and 4th just to mix things up a bit.

What sucks about the move is that the whole championship is becoming a bit of a Spanish National Championship.

Like WSBK is the British National Championship?

I don't get this hatred of the Spanish Armada, the country invested a lot of money into building talent from a young age and it's now paying off. Why does everyone criticise it? Heck, the Spanish CEV now has riders flocking from all over the world as it's one of the most competitive junior series there is.

http://i.imgur.com/40lyryY.png

Like WSBK is the British National Championship?

I don't get this hatred of the Spanish Armada, the country invested a lot of money into building talent from a young age and it's now paying off. Why does everyone criticise it? Heck, the Spanish CEV now has riders flocking from all over the world as it's one of the most competitive junior series there is.

http://i.imgur.com/40lyryY.png

M. Fair comment.

How is this for an interesting statistic:

2015 Tito Rabat FP1 1'43.198

2016 Tito Rabat FP1 1'43.050

So a CBR600 is 0.148s slower around Jerez than a full blown factory RC213V?

How is this for an interesting statistic:

2015 Tito Rabat FP1 1'43.198

2016 Tito Rabat FP1 1'43.050

So a CBR600 is 0.148s slower around Jerez than a full blown factory RC213V?

The difference is years of setup history for the Moto2 bike where there have been very little to no changes in tyres, performance, etc.

Whereas this is the first time out at Jerez with the new Michelins and every single rider has been battling with grip because of the surface and harder casings now brought for safety.

Add to that the stop/start nature of the track which is a leveller of sorts because the big bikes, as a result of this particular tracks crappy grip, just can't get the power down.

I don't find it strange for those reasons. Interesting yes....

Wow, I was terrified he'd lose it or get taken out and could hardly watch the second half of the race.  :clap: . Funny the anthem though, bet no one was prepared for an SA win from last on the grid.  Hope they didn't stuff a 350 motor in the KTM.