MotoGP

SeaBee

Awesome race, well ridden by both guys.

The last lap pass was always going to happen. Despite the ludicrously unbiased commentary from BT Sport you clearly see MM was fastest of the two in the final sector and particularly entering the final chicane.

To say he isn't mature enough or that the move was desperate is harsh, if he hadn't tried it everyone would've said Rossi had broken him and he is done.

Damned if you do and damned if you don't I suppose.

Let's not forget this is the same exact move that has been seen over and over again. Bayliss, Fogarty, Chili, to name just a few.

Chili in particular stormed out of the gravel trap, after virtually the same move took him out, to confront Fogarty on the podium. I'm glad bith made it around to finish, anything else would've spoiled a spectacular race.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The last lap pass was always going to happen. Despite the ludicrously unbiased commentary from BT Sport you clearly see MM was fastest of the two in the final sector and particularly entering the final chicane.

To say he isn't mature enough or that the move was desperate is harsh, if he hadn't tried it everyone would've said Rossi had broken him and he is done.

Let's not forget this is the same exact move that has been seen over and over again. Bayliss, Fogarty, Chili, to name just a few.

Chili in particular stormed out of the gravel trap, after virtually the same move took him out, to confront Fogarty on the podium. I'm glad bith made it around to finish, anything else would've spoiled a spectacular race.

100% it's the most famous corner at assen for overtaking,was always on the cards. At least it didn't end in a crash.

Great racing the whole wkd. Moto 3 was completely insane as usual.

It blows my mind that they can go 3,4 or 5 wide into a corner and still all come out the other side. And both binder brothers did well. Pity Darren was up to 9th at one point . But still a huge improvement from his previous races.

Edited by Aka pikey

I think Rossi should of realized this and closed the door more effectively however hail the Vale....its good to see the King on top...

I think Rossi should of realized this and closed the door more effectively however hail the Vale....its good to see the King on top...

I fully agree, it looked to me like he left the door on the inside wide open and then (regardless of the concequences) took his usual line, which he is entitled to, regardless of the outcome knowing Marques was on the inside which he admitted to knowing by saying he saw the wheel but turned anyway. 

He could've defended the corner entry much more if he wanted to, especially kjnowing MM would dive up the inside. No move has ever made it around the outside, always ends in the gravel so he would've won anyway.

I think in a way he wanted an incident, but thats just me and my conspiracy theorist mind.

I'm sure the Rossi fan club here will bash me for this comment pretty quickly..........

I fully agree, it looked to me like he left the door on the inside wide open and then (regardless of the concequences) took his usual line, which he is entitled to, regardless of the outcome knowing Marques was on the inside which he admitted to knowing by saying he saw the wheel but turned anyway. 

He could've defended the corner entry much more if he wanted to, especially kjnowing MM would dive up the inside. No move has ever made it around the outside, always ends in the gravel so he would've won anyway.

I think in a way he wanted an incident, but thats just me and my conspiracy theorist mind.

I'm sure the Rossi fan club here will bash me for this comment pretty quickly..........

To what end?

To what end?

Maybe took it a bit too far saying he intended but he definitly turned in knowing that there was somebody on his inside and knowing he hadn't defended the corner properly.

The possiblitiy of a collision was pretty high and yet he still turned in.

Reasons for it, I can only speculate, to prove a point, intimidate MM, there are many to pick from but if he conceded the corner the ramifications would be massive. 

Ag, just admit that the Old Toppie kicked the young upstarts butt, and be done with it..... :whistling:  :ph34r:

Not denying that, but he didn't have it all his own way. I think MM is a formible challenger and won't be intimidated.

It was a great race and behind all of this Lorenzo has a storming first lap and turned an ewful qualifyiing performance into a preety decent result which keeps the title wide open!!!

Mm is definitely not intimidated by anyone,and is probably just getting a little over confident and impatient. Hence his start to the season.

He is sooo fast,I mean he pulled back that nearly half a second gap in the last lap.

He ways compleltly entitled to try shove it up the inside ,I just didn't like that he had a whine when they interviewed him. Any rider worth there salt would of closed the door like that. What was he expecting? Sorry mate please come on by .

Honda needs to just give Dani Pedwanker's ride to Pol Espargaro already.

Assuming they'd like to keep everything Spanish. I'd say Crutchlow if they didn't care for a Spaniard, but he's in the sand more than on the tar lately.

I think with a bit more development Aleix will get that Suzuki to be more competitive. So far it's fast enough for a decent qualifying and a few laps at the start.

Thank goodness Yamaha has found something to stop it being a 1 horse race again this season. And Ducati has come along in leaps n bounds.

On the faster circuits the two Andreia's are in the mix...

It's definitely the most exciting season in a while...

Mm is definitely not intimidated by anyone,and is probably just getting a little over confident and impatient. Hence his start to the season.

He is sooo fast,I mean he pulled back that nearly half a second gap in the last lap.

He ways compleltly entitled to try shove it up the inside ,I just didn't like that he had a whine when they interviewed him. Any rider worth there salt would of closed the door like that. What was he expecting? Sorry mate please come on by .

MM was faster than the commentators gave him credit for, that's for sure. I think his whine was probably from Mr Nakamoto more than him. He greeted Rossi and was all smiles, the Nakamoto-san had a word with him and he was a bit more somber. Towing the line, Honda had already made an appeal to race direction which MM wouldn't have known about.

Again, just my opinion from what I saw in parc ferme.

Honda needs to just give Dani Pedwanker's ride to Pol Espargaro already.

Assuming they'd like to keep everything Spanish. I'd say Crutchlow if they didn't care for a Spaniard, but he's in the sand more than on the tar lately.

I think with a bit more development Aleix will get that Suzuki to be more competitive. So far it's fast enough for a decent qualifying and a few laps at the start.

Thank goodness Yamaha has found something to stop it being a 1 horse race again this season. And Ducati has come along in leaps n bounds.

On the faster circuits the two Andreia's are in the mix...

It's definitely the most exciting season in a while...

Pedro is a great development rider but he may be of better use as a test rider. I think he has lost some of the sharpness he used to have. Those collarbone injuries must be taking a toll. He will remain the best rider not to win a championship!!

Ianonne had a stonking race too actually.

Crutchlow is a good bet but like you say he does chuck it down the road a few too many times. I think any of the Tech 3 riders on a factory bike would do well although Smith takes a lot of time to gel with a bike so maybe Pol would be the better choice. Some nice dicing between the Espagaro brothers in the opening laps.

How awesom would it be for Aleix to get the HRc ride and Pol a factory Yamaha.

Honda must surely also by now  realize that Jack Miller jumping from Moto3 to MotoGP was a bit of a stretch.........

Edited by Steven Knoetze (sk27)

MM was faster than the commentators gave him credit for, that's for sure. I think his whine was probably from Mr Nakamoto more than him. He greeted Rossi and was all smiles, the Nakamoto-san had a word with him and he was a bit more somber. Towing the line, Honda had already made an appeal to race direction which MM wouldn't have known about.

Again, just my opinion from what I saw in parc ferme.

Pedro is a great development rider but he may be of better use as a test rider. I think he has lost some of the sharpness he used to have. Those collarbone injuries must be taking a toll. He will remain the best rider not to win a championship!!

Ianonne had a stonking race too actually.

Crutchlow is a good bet but like you say he does chuck it down the road a few too many times. I think any of the Tech 3 riders on a factory bike would do well although Smith takes a lot of time to gel with a bike so maybe Pol would be the better choice. Some nice dicing between the Espagaro brothers in the opening laps.

How awesom would it be for Aleix to get the HRc ride and Pol a factory Yamaha.

Honda must surely also by now  realize that Jack Miller jumping from Moto3 to MotoGP was a bit of a stretch.........

yea both tech 3 riders have done well in there on right this year. Crutchlow has fallen more this season than i have seen before,but there's no denying it he bloody fast and on a full factory Honda ..who knows.

As for jack mullet miller...always gonna be a hard ask. Neigh impossible I reckon more 99.9% of riders.

As for the brothers,they both got bags of talent and on the right bike could be dangerous.

As for dani.... Who knows . Surgery or no surgery he should be closer to the front more often. Maybe the bikes to big for him ????. Sorry couldn't resist my wife supports the dwarf.

MotoGP opinions by Dirtypot:

Pol should be faster - he's got the faster bike than Smith has, yet he's behind Smith more often than not in qualifying and the race.  This should not be the case.  He's essentially on a full factory bike in Tech 3 colours, so moving to the factory team will make no difference.  I think Smith is a better rider.

In my opinion Aleix needs to increase the size of his kahoonas.  The bike is fast and it's got the race pace to hang with the others, but he gets mugged and doesn't fight back in the way that someone like Iannone does.  

Dani has been getting better since his op, and if he hadn't had a crash in warm up practice in the morning before the race I'm sure he would have been higher up in the rankings.

I have great respect for both of the Andrea's.  They're really making the Duc's work well this season, and they work well as a team.  Hardly ever see them falling off either.

Crutchlow is still good, but maybe he also needs to go back to the 2014 chassis so that he doesn't suffer the 'snap' that the 2015 has?  Who knows...

I'm glad that MM isn't getting everything going his way this season - it's good to see him fighting and falling out of his comfort zone.

Lorenzo can suck eggs.

Vale! Vale! Vale!  :clap: