MotoGP

SeaBee

The interesting thing about reaction time is that the spunky chick (Vanessa?) that does MotoGP paddock pass type interviews had a cell phone app that tested reaction time; crudely I guess. All the riders tested were .219 to say .26 of a second. Marquez wasn't quickest; can't remember the detail.

Sort of ties up with TopGear testing Michael Shumacher - not really better than Clarkson!.

Difference may be what they do; Marquez (and Shumacher) do (did) stuff the others cannot; yet.

I'd far rather take the telemetry referred to in the article than that done via a cellphone app. Especially seeing as the app was most likely testing visual reaction vs reaction to physical inputs on the actual bike.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Many a debate has been had on Marquez needing to swing his leg over another brand before he can be considered amongst the greats.

That's the last I will say, some people like to stir too much unfortunately. Ruins a genuine comment.

That is a very different discussion or debate to the statement that he is only winning at the moment because of the Honda, or that people are saying he is only winning because of the Honda.

It slightly ironic that you post that comment, then say other people like to stir. Don’t be like Jorge, be cool.

Also, the Moto2 bikes are around 30KG heavier than the 2-Strokes of old. That's pretty wild.

Edited by bertusras

Also, the Moto2 bikes are around 30KG heavier than the 2-Strokes of old. That's pretty wild.

Yeha, I still reckon the stokers were scarier and more difficult to ride than the modern 2's. Not to mention that it's been how long since stokers got proper engine development at this level? Not entirely surprising. 

I'd far rather take the telemetry referred to in the article than that done via a cellphone app. Especially seeing as the app was most likely testing visual reaction vs reaction to physical inputs on the actual bike.

Sure; Crutchlow refers to the telemetry and Narc's ability to save it; not reaction times. Stoner says reaction times but nothing on telemetry - does he have access to the Honda telemetry?

I reckon its ability.

Sure; Crutchlow refers to the telemetry and Narc's ability to save it; not reaction times. Stoner says reaction times but nothing on telemetry - does he have access to the Honda telemetry?

I reckon its ability.

one and the same. Reaction time doesn't just refer to visual input, but physical input as well. Especially when you're moderating that very thing that you need to react so quickly to. Difference is that Crutchlow can see the data to back up the hypothesis. CS just says it cos he knows as a racer. 

Yeha, I still reckon the stokers were scarier and more difficult to ride than the modern 2's. Not to mention that it's been how long since stokers got proper engine development at this level? Not entirely surprising.

You only have to look around the paddock at the guys who used to race those beasts to see they left permanent scars.... We can never compare different generations and I have no doubt there is talent in abundance in all of them. But I do believe the stokers bit harder and one paid a big price for getting it wrong.

Well obviously. But bear in mind that these Triump engined bikes have nearly 100hp less than the strokers of old, just pays to show that power isn't everything (which was definitely the case with the strokers as they could barely make use of it all).

Fine day of racing yesterday, though I wonder what happened to Brad Binder ther in Moto 3. Fighting in the top 6 and suddenly into the second group. Hampered buy the crashes perhaps?

Petrucci, a fantastic win. Moto GP was awesome, some fine swapping of paint and close racing for a change. I am a big Yamaha fan but bloody hell, I think those leading guys would beat old 46 even if they rode my geriatric FZR..........................!! The factory Yams just cannot wring enough top speed on some of these tracks.

Made a Ramadan day in Kuwait pass a little easier!

The "Old Man" showed he also has the reflexes/ability to save an imminent front end loss. Big difference between him and MM is that id flustered him like hell and he lost momentum, whereas MM seems to live on the adrenaline and just goes faster afterwards.

Without added displacement the 2T's will never match the 4T's.

Look at the Suter at the TT struggling to hit 300kph, if it had another 300cc's it might be different.

The race yesterday was epic, really happy for the winner. Well deserved and he had to ride out of his socks for it too.

Serious issues at Yamaha though.

Man of the Match for me was Rins  .

He went from 13th to 4th on a bike that got SMOKED every lap down the long straight .

It was a great race ..... fast flowing tracks generally make for better , closer racing .

VR46 , time to think about a retirement package and let us remember you for all the right reasons 

Man of the Match for me was Rins  .

He went from 13th to 4th on a bike that got SMOKED every lap down the long straight .

It was a great race ..... fast flowing tracks generally make for better , closer racing .

VR46 , time to think about a retirement package and let us remember you for all the right reasons 

Why, because he had one bad race? 

I will remember him for the 39 year old, on a fairly un-competitive bike, that took the fight to guys many years his junior, and still manages to beat the majority of them race after race.