MotoGP

SeaBee

Was it 2 years ago when talk of him re-signing his contract, suddenly he klapped out some podiums.

A few weeks back GP rumours were swirling and he smoked a couple podiums again....

Hmmm, the boys got it in him, he just needs a carrot!

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was it 2 years ago when talk of him re-signing his contract, suddenly he klapped out some podiums.

A few weeks back GP rumours were swirling and he smoked a couple podiums again....

Hmmm, the boys got it in him, he just needs a carrot!

Orrrrrr, he got a new frame at Assen.

• 2 weeks later...

Going to Silverstone for the race.

Those that have been, what would you suggest as the best spot to watch from?

Luffield, if you're willing to wear Ducati attire, otherwise Woodcote. Those are all the Platinum level grandstands, for the cheaper ones I'd do either of the Villages, or Club Corner.

Silverstone isn't the best spectator track as it's a huge track on a flat field, and if it was me and I knew what the weather was doing I'd probably rather have general admission tickets and wander my way around instead.

Luffield, if you're willing to wear Ducati attire, otherwise Woodcote. Those are all the Platinum level grandstands, for the cheaper ones I'd do either of the Villages, or Club Corner.

Silverstone isn't the best spectator track as it's a huge track on a flat field, and if it was me and I knew what the weather was doing I'd probably rather have general admission tickets and wander my way around instead.

You been? Im only asking because my levels of participation will change based on experience. I don’t mind camping in a van in the wet mud for two days or paying €1100 each for a VIP pass (https://vipvillage.motogp.com/grandprix/british-grand-prix/) I want the best party and experience from those who have been before.

I’m mostly a Rossi fan, so I won’t pay a premium to sit at Ducati. Yamaha has already invited me, but it’s a very corporate, tickets to the race on race day, type thing, and that’s not my vibe.

Edited by Patchelicious

Nope, I've not been, just feedback from others who have.

It's a pity you missed out on Assen, that would have been a great one to attend!

Having watched the F1 race, it just confirmed how much I dislike this track.

The bumps are horrendous, and the bikes are going to struggle. Expect lots of moaning from the riders.

I also don't think their drainage issues have been properly sorted but a wet race is to be expected.

enjoy the race, bring me a Marquez T'Shirt :whistling:

Going to Silverstone for the race.

Those that have been, what would you suggest as the best spot to watch from?

I went to Village B - looked into all the spots before hand and decided this one was best.  You get to see them coming, going around village (nice big S right in front of you) and blasting past next to you onto the straight.  Can then also see them going around Becketts and have the big screen in front of you for the rest. 

It was between Village B and Becketts for me, and I watched the quali from Becketts and was glad to have chosen Village for the race.  

Stayed in the campsite there which was great, but not really enough food places.  Ended up going out for chow.  The on site party was really good though, as were the multiple camp parties around. 

I want to go back there now... <_<

• 2 weeks later...

When I saw Marc sliding around I was really hoping one of the others still had tyres left to catch up to him.  But alas...
Think there were two good passes all race.   :thumbdown:

I for one, enjoy seeing guys on the limit so close to each other. I think we forget just what an amazing talent it is to ride so close to the limit in such close quarters. Dovi held Marc at under a second for so much of that race, the pressure on both riders must have been incredible.

I suppose that's why I loved Casey's style, even him 10 secs ahead of everyone else was entertaining for me.......

I for one, enjoy seeing guys on the limit so close to each other. I think we forget just what an amazing talent it is to ride so close to the limit in such close quarters. Dovi held Marc at under a second for so much of that race, the pressure on both riders must have been incredible.

I suppose that's why I loved Casey's style, even him 10 secs ahead of everyone else was entertaining for me.......

thats what qualifying is for. on race day i look to see paint being swopped  :)

thats what qualifying is for. on race day i look to see paint being swopped  :)

Agreed, but then they start throwing penalties around so better to just get ahead and build from there.