MotoGP

SeaBee

as boring as it was yesterday - that qualifying lap of markie mark in the rain on slicks. ****ME! the man is not human

That was sublime!  Especially the last lap after he already had pole in the bag.  It was so unnecessary and risky - I seriously thought he was going to take a tumble on the last corner, and the way he shook his head below the screen as he crossed the line; I'd love to know what he was thinking!   

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure what to take from the testing yesterday. All 4 Yamaha's in the top 6.

Vinales and Rossi both got to try the new 2020 bike and the feedback wasn't exactly great. Vinales saying small steps, and Rossi saying like the old days but it was only "the first touch".......

Seems others were more interested in testing, all the top times set on new softs, right at the end.

Can't wait for this weekend's race..........

Not sure what to take from the testing yesterday. All 4 Yamaha's in the top 6.

Vinales and Rossi both got to try the new 2020 bike and the feedback wasn't exactly great. Vinales saying small steps, and Rossi saying like the old days but it was only "the first touch".......

Seems others were more interested in testing, all the top times set on new softs, right at the end.

Can't wait for this weekend's race..........

Apparently the weather was hot , and the Yam works better in the heat  .

Generally MM93 doesn't do a time attack at the end of the test session .

The Ducati / Marques fight this weekend could be a hum dinger ...

Just as an aside .....

My Misano tickets arrived today ...

Plane tickets .....                     Check 

Shengen Visa ....                    Check 

Accommodation in Rimini ..... Check 

Scooter hire                            Check

Pizza's in Tavulia                    Check 

Can't wait !!!! :clap:  :thumbup:

Just as an aside .....

That isn't where the accommodation is, its an extra service you can book at dodgy hotels!

Just as an aside .....

yoh!

Dovi was fighting from the first lap - why can't he always ride like that?  Maybe he wouldn't be so far behind in points if he did...  :whistling:

I've never seen Dovi THAT happy with a win, and well deserved - I thought Marquez had it in the bag when the last lap started.

And well done to the birthday boy, if he keeps this up he could still finish 2nd in the championship.

Super glad he won but there was some luck involved, I think. Nagashima was faster than him, as were Vierge, Gardiner, and Marquez. I think them taking each other out helped him, but to an extent he creates his own "luck" by just being consistent and not crashing. He is very consistent and calculating. Great to watch.

Edit:

Forgot about Bastianini and possibly Marini

Edited by sawystertrance

I've never seen Dovi THAT happy with a win, and well deserved - I thought Marquez had it in the bag when the last lap started.

And well done to the birthday boy, if he keeps this up he could still finish 2nd in the championship.

Was surprised Marc never went with the Soft rear given the temperatures.

Interesting reading the interviews from Marc where he said Dovi was shutting the throttle down the straights. Dovi confirmed this saying he couldn't beat Marc on the brakes but had better acceleration and top end out the turns. 

Was a good battle.

Moto2 was the race of the day though, one for one the contenders fell away behind Brad. What a ride!!!!!!

I was wondering where the Honda all of a sudden got the top end speed from, with MM comfortably staying with Dovi.

I felt for the the Yammies, they could not even sit in the slip of Dovi and MM. Serious lack of top end speed. Not much wrong with the handling and speed through/out of the corners. But loosing 10-15 bike lengths down every straight cost them dearly.

Was surprised Marc never went with the Soft rear given the temperatures.

The temperature is actually why he went with the medium. Tyres are a funny thing, when it's cold, you go for a harder compound, and when it's hot, you go for a softer compound.

The temperature is actually why he went with the medium. Tyres are a funny thing, when it's cold, you go for a harder compound, and when it's hot, you go for a softer compound.

I suppose, I was sitting thinking Dovi's tyre would drop off as he went for the soft.