MotoGP

SeaBee

Ouch, scorching time set by Lorenzo. Brilliant.

Rossi didnt have as good a qualifying. The repsols are looking racey too.

VR46 has nothing to gain in putting in good time, no matter what, he is starting at the back of the grid.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

VR46 has nothing to gain in putting in good time, no matter what, he is starting at the back of the grid.

^this

Rather leave them thinking you are a little off the pace and come out firing.

I dont think he was sandbagging. He has everything to lose not putting in a good lap. Qualifying is the only time today that is the same time approx as the race, thus the only time to test the limits at that time with the tyres etc.

It did not come off for him, but that happens sometimes. He would have certainly wanted to measure his pace against the top guys today.

Lorenzo looks seriously fast, MM has same overheating tyre issues as at PI, CC also mentioned it. So it seems as though saving his tyres for the last part of the race will be the thing he will do. Sounds like he was speaking the truth at PI in the end.

I dont think he was sandbagging. He has everything to lose not putting in a good lap. Qualifying is the only time today that is the same time approx as the race, thus the only time to test the limits at that time with the tyres etc.

It did not come off for him, but that happens sometimes. He would have certainly wanted to measure his pace against the top guys today.

Lorenzo looks seriously fast, MM has same overheating tyre issues as at PI, CC also mentioned it. So it seems as though saving his tyres for the last part of the race will be the thing he will do. Sounds like he was speaking the truth at PI in the end.

I must cede, the hondas look fast but dificult to ride...but tyre heat is not the issue, it is just a beast of a bike that wants to buck you...it will throw you as easily on a cold tyre as a hot tyre....

I would disagree with you, he tested the limits of the bike( actually went beyond it, therefore the crash). A fast lap is not im0ortant to him at the moment, knowing the limits of his bike is, as he will need every inch of it tomorrow...

Good Luck Rossi, you are the king....whatever happens tomorrow you will stay the legend you are....

I think we will be in for an amazing race, if the homdas decide to pitch and go for the win...otherwise if they let whorehey go...them the race will be a dead rubber

Need one other thrown into the mix as well,like a duke or a monster Yamaha . In fact anyone.

This whole season has kept on throwing surprises,even when things look done & dusted. Let's hope tmw carries on with that trend . GO VR 46 Go

Edited by Pikey

I must cede, the hondas look fast but dificult to ride...but tyre heat is not the issue, it is just a beast of a bike that wants to buck you...it will throw you as easily on a cold tyre as a hot tyre....

I would disagree with you, he tested the limits of the bike( actually went beyond it, therefore the crash). A fast lap is not im0ortant to him at the moment, knowing the limits of his bike is, as he will need every inch of it tomorrow...

Good Luck Rossi, you are the king....whatever happens tomorrow you will stay the legend you are....

I think we will be in for an amazing race, if the homdas decide to pitch and go for the win...otherwise if they let whorehey go...them the race will be a dead rubber

Im quoting what the honda riders said, tyre heat issues. Mm will be saving his tyres, hopefully he beats jl like in PI, thats also what all you rossi fans need to hope for. Edited by Kraggie

What no conspiracy?? Thats blasphemy!!!!

As for VR sandbagging, maybe collecting bags of sand in the graveltrap. Anyway, barring a spectacular failure JL has it pretty much in the bag with his pace. Hondas are chowing tyres and the dukes look about the same. Could mean a easy ride through for VR but still think its a bridge too far, he might choose to let rip and give it his all but that could also backfire given the tyres and conditions. Unfortunately missing the race but it should be good.

Crunch time!

watching all formulas for the first time in... like, 6 years. Have always watched the GP, but Moto 1 has taken a back seat since the 125's were out, and I haven't watched moto 2 since they switched to 4 strokers.

Moto 3 is all about momentum. Corner speed is EVERYTHING.