MotoGP

SeaBee

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now Now chaps, lets follow the thread more carefully and stop with these repeat pics...

Sorry, I must have missed it.....

Now Now chaps, lets follow the thread more carefully and stop with these repeat pics...

???? I'm like Dani p takes me a while to get it ✊ Edited by Pikey

• 2 weeks later...

Official: Stoner to Ducati as a test rider and ambassador for 2016.

Exciting times. Hopefully a couple of wildcard rides maybe.

Turns out he warned Honda almost 2yrs ago about the overly aggressive Honda, they chose to ignore it and chase the horsepower. The denied request to fill in for Pedro earlier this year and the Honda bike failure at the Suzuka 8hr seems to have been the final straw.

I for one am excited with this news. A great development rider testing for the likes of an already quick Iannone and then the likes of Redding who took 2 laps at the last test to get on pace(remember he was quicker than Crutchlow who got the Ducati ride 2yrs ago).

This with Ducati having a jump on the new ECU. Next year could be a good year.

Perhaps the Italian on an Italian bike for a world champion will happen.........

Edit. Turns out MM was unhappy with Stoner. Perhaps felt threatened. Had to confirm Stoners feedback and wasn't happy. After 3 years of no racing, so bike fitness was off. Then having very limited time on the bike. Turns out he was only 1sec slower than MM on times when he tested. Obviously different setup, conditions, etc. Either way, 1sec is pretty impressive!!

Edited by Steven Knoetze (sk27)

I for one am excited with this news. A great development rider testing for the likes of an already quick Iannone and then the likes of Redding who took 2 laps at the last test to get on pace(remember he was quicker than Crutchlow who got the Ducati ride 2yrs ago).

This with Ducati having a jump on the new ECU. Next year could be a good year.

Perhaps the Italian on an Italian bike for a world champion will happen.........

M. You don't think it's just a publicity thing? Honda already have a high profile Ausi brand rep in Doohan So no need for 2. I also think him doing a few wildcard rides is a lose lose situation for him. The bike isn't a match for the works Yams and Hondas. And MM, Rossi & Lorenzo on fire will be incredibly hard to beat. Even Pedro, Dovi and Iannone aren't exactly slow so a reasonable expectation is 6th. I say let the legend remain just that. He's got NOTHING to prove despite us armchair experts. 

Also. I'm not trying to be a dick but is he such a good development rider?

Not dissing him at all. One of the very best ever for me. He's been the only guy who could put the duck anywhere near the front consistently. And that might point to him being not such a hot development guy. He seemed to be able to ride around the problems rather than fix them.

I know this isn't the same bike Stoner rode but all Ducati riders for as long as I can remember complain about the same thing. The front end under braking.

Coming out of retirement is always a bad idea.

Shumi

Baylis

Biaggi

Just a thought.

M. You don't think it's just a publicity thing? Honda already have a high profile Ausi brand rep in Doohan So no need for 2. I also think him doing a few wildcard rides is a lose lose situation for him. The bike isn't a match for the works Yams and Hondas. And MM, Rossi & Lorenzo on fire will be incredibly hard to beat. Even Pedro, Dovi and Iannone aren't exactly slow so a reasonable expectation is 6th. I say let the legend remain just that. He's got NOTHING to prove despite us armchair experts. 

Also. I'm not trying to be a dick but is he such a good development rider?

Not dissing him at all. One of the very best ever for me. He's been the only guy who could put the duck anywhere near the front consistently. And that might point to him being not such a hot development guy. He seemed to be able to ride around the problems rather than fix them.

I know this isn't the same bike Stoner rode but all Ducati riders for as long as I can remember complain about the same thing. The front end under braking.

Shumi

Baylis

Biaggi

Just a thought.

I hear you.

Wild cards at PI is a prospect to increase viewer numbers though.

I hear you on development rider, he rides around problmes which is not good for development.

I read a quote from Guintoli saying that looking at his telemetry from his Ducati days, it looked like he would go into a corner not thinking he would come out the other end.

Such a talent.

Shumi

Baylis

Biaggi

Just a thought.

Agreed

I hear you.

Wild cards at PI is a prospect to increase viewer numbers though.

...which will not necessarily be what's best for Stoner and his rep. 

Stoner was not my favourite rider in the paddock, but my f#*k that owe could ride. He could have been a great if he carried on.

His wife on the other hand.... would love to know how she rides.

Personally I don't think we'll see much of him, doubt he will do wild card rides.

Stoner was not my favourite rider in the paddock, but my f#*k that owe could ride. He could have been a great if he carried on.

Same. Never a fan but you have to admire his achievements. Especially on the Duc. Many a rider came in with a bang and left with a whimper on that bike.

His biggest "mistake" was that he made that thing look almost rideable.

Seems as though HRC have finally realized their error this year ... some interesting comments from behind the scenes that one would not normally know about.

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/225229/1/honda-this-was-our-biggest-mistake.html

Next year is gonna be awesomely interesting with all the changes, wonder who will adapt the fastest. such a pity that engine dev is frozen during the year. Basically if you stuff up the previous winter with your engine design, you're screwed for the whole next year. Suppose it is in place for cost cutting, but jeez, all the rule changes the past ocuple of years were certainly not cutting costs, causing more dev work in any case to adapt to the new rules again ...

• 1 month later...