MotoGP

SeaBee

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Analysis: 10 things we learned from the Sepang MotoGP test

http://www.motorsport.com/motogp/news/analysis-10-things-we-learned-from-the-sepang-motogp-test-672170/

http://cdn-5.motorsport.com/images/amp/2jAWBVg0/s6/motogp-sepang-february-testing-2016-jorge-lorenzo-yamaha-factory-racing.jpg

What I learnt from testing. Barring a catastrophe #99 Will have the #1 plate again.

OMG, please MM on a Ducati would be great!!! Imagine that carrot to get CS back racing. Think CS's performance has rattled many cages. That Ducati is a potential title winning bike is pretty much confirmed, imagine DP on that bike as well. Doubt JL will leave Yamaha but who knows. Also make the 2 Andrea's performances at testing look poor. Pressure will be on them in PI!!

Honestly think, win or lose, this will be Rossi's last year. But who knows.......

Very interesting interview with JL.

http://www.motorsport.com/motogp/news/lorenzo-it-s-normal-that-yamaha-prefers-rossi-to-win-672307/

Especially this part:

During your talks with Yamaha, did it cross your mind to veto Rossi?

"I have never vetoed Valentino or any other teammate, not even when I had the chance to do it."

Wonder when this "veto oppertunity" was presented.

I know it is widely believed that VR vetoed CS from joining Yamaha back in 2006, alledgedly, and he ended up with JL as a teammate instead. So much behind the scenes politics it seems.

Edited by Steven Knoetze (sk27)

What I learnt from testing. Barring a catastrophe #99 Will have the #1 plate again.

I think you are pulling the trigger to early, but thats your choice....it was just the first test. Lets see after PI and the first 3 races.....then all will become clear..

I saw in the comments section someone was making comments about Rossi having problems under braking....maybe one of you gurus confirm it Yeah/Ney..i read the part where he was testing different setups, just wondering if there any other reports

Kelvin van der Linde (2012 South African Polo Cup Champion, 2013 European Scirocco R-Cup Champion, 2014 ADAC GT Masters Champ, youngest ADAC GT Masters pole sitter, winner and champion, not even 20 years old, in case y'all haven't heard of him) takes some of his bruhs for a spin around the new Kyalami in a 560hp station wagon:

I would give both testes for that Suter!

No. You'd need them. And a lot more to ride a 500cc 2 Stroke.

Bruce Anstey on the Yamaha YZR 500. Classic TT

Edited by Duane_Bosch

No. You'd need them. And a lot more to ride a 500cc 2 Stroke.

Bruce Anstey on the Yamaha YZR 500. Classic TT

I grew up on 2-strokes. Had an Aprilia RS250 since I was 16, old man had RD350, RZ500, CR250s, IT465, YZ490s.... balls are needed you are right :)

I always said that I would love to ride the NSR400 (v2) as a race bike as that would be more managable.

I wonder how the new gen riders would do on a old 90s 500cc screamer?

I grew up on 2-strokes. Had an Aprilia RS250 since I was 16, old man had RD350, RZ500, CR250s, IT465, YZ490s.... balls are needed you are right :)

I always said that I would love to ride the NSR400 (v2) as a race bike as that would be more managable.

Ask Rossi... 

:)

He's one of the only ones that said he'd like to ride the old Big Bang jobbies again. Almost everyone else said Yeah naaaah, too dangerous. 

Mmmmmmm. I love the smell of 2 stoke in the morning.

I went to a karting track day at Killarney once. We drove those 2 stroke Rotrax 125cc karts. I remember going down the back straight thinking to myself Why is your mouth hanging open Duane? The acceleration and handling was BONKERS.

My mate Deon was there too. He had an Ex Harada (I think) Yamaha TZ 250 and he said the karts felt lame compared to the TZ. That thing was ridiculous. 250cc 2 stroke. Slick tires. Proper Race Bike.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

Mmmmmmm. I love the smell of 2 stoke in the morning.

Not bike related

I went to a karting track day at Killarney once. We drove those 2 stroke Rotrax 125cc karts. I remember going down the back straight thinking to myself Why is your mouth hanging open Duane? The acceleration was BONKERS.

My mate Deon was there too. He had an Ex Harada (I think) Yamaha TZ 250 and he said the karts felt lame compared to the TZ. That thing was ridiculous. 250cc 2 stroke. Slick tires. Proper Race Bike.

They used to race open class 250 karts back in the day. Those things... 

They used to race open class 250 karts back in the day. Those things... 

Ja. 250cc GP bike motor with 4 contact patches. How strong are your neck muscles? I don't know how true it is but a shifter kart had the lap record at Killarney. Supposedly faster than those Wesbank Supercars.

Edited by Duane_Bosch