Argus 2014

vaalkol

Lots of anger here... What is eating you, Bud?

Naaah, they must have got it right, because I got a much better seeding ;)

Ag, just one or two of the rides (short routes) where I worked really hard and got screwed over by them thumb sucking a winners time, plus the penalty and then applying a beta of room temperature... got a worse seeding this year than last despite the fact that I am a much better rider, and have actually worked pretty hard.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From finishing middle of A group last year to C!

And I PB'd- 94.7 (2:30) and 99er 2:44.... You think is worth moaning and trying to get reseeded?

My mate did a 2:35 for 99er and is B, I dont think they look at place in group, more to do with times.

My first Argus so i don't think U is so bad.

Was thinking of s sub 3h30, but after the Herald I am now aiming for sub 3h45

First time and in L - I'll take it. Coming off a, barely, sub 3 hr 94.7 (solo though) - Doubt L will make it under 3:15. We will try our best though :clap: Maybe a double lap? Ironman 2 weeks after though...

Got VB again this year but I broke my collar bone 6 weeks ago only been on the bike again for two weeks. Still bit sore but I should be ok for the argus just worried about the start time maybe I will go down to C or B.

Got VB again this year but I broke my collar bone 6 weeks ago only been on the bike again for two weeks. Still bit sore but I should be ok for the argus just worried about the start time maybe I will go down to C or B.

what was your index to get that?

Fear of ridicule? Try on PA for size... :(

Ag, just one or two of the rides (short routes) where I worked really hard and got screwed over by them thumb sucking a winners time, plus the penalty and then applying a beta of room temperature... got a worse seeding this year than last despite the fact that I am a much better rider, and have actually worked pretty hard.

PA is not a seeded group. It's a "PPA" group.

Were then events you did on this list: www.cycletour.co.za/index.php/information/seeding-events/ ?

I'm sure those are from 94.7

Agreed, winning time last year was 10mins slower than projected A average times.

Judging by the small gaps between groups, I'm actually happy I can't make the race. Sounds like it's going to be ***.

i thort its only seeding races thats supposed to affect argus seeding?

i have done none of them due to injury and managed to get into B group :huh:

So, what are the odds on doing a sub 3 out of F bunch??

Agree about Seeding been a stuff up!!!!!

Argus has given me VA seeding for last 4-5 years, (granted a bit high & not licenced) but every year they tell me my seeding is 100% correct!!!

94.7 last year got VB seeding.

Now in F????

So much for busting my balls from beginning Dec to have a fantastic 10th Argus…

Edited by Trevor Du Toit

I'm sure those are from 94.7

If it is then apologies. I was sent it from a mate on being Argus times. Ignore and go about your business.

PA is not a seeded group. It's a "PPA" group.

Were then events you did on this list: www.cycletour.co.za/index.php/information/seeding-events/ ?

Thanks, I'm aware that it is essentially unseeded. It's still called a seeding group none-the-less. Did last years argus in a trainwreck time (like I alluded to, I was a really rubbish rider then), but that is the only seeding event that doesn't give you a free pass into XX, YY or ZZ irrespective of time.

To determine your seeding, we use your best result in Cycle Tour seeding events or the average of your best 3 other results if that is better

I'm griping about the calculation of the bit after the "or".

Edited by eeeek