Argus 2014

vaalkol

Does it help to query your seeding? Has anyone's seeding actually been changed in the past? I dropped from D to J, because I didn't do any PPA races during the year and they have this arbitrary way of adjusting your seeding based on number of months over 6.

Unless you did other non-Ractetec timed races and have proof of it, I don't think they'll adjust your group easily.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does it help to query your seeding? Has anyone's seeding actually been changed in the past? I dropped from D to J, because I didn't do any PPA races during the year and they have this arbitrary way of adjusting your seeding based on number of months over 6.

6:56, same seeding as last year, not a single race done this year. Argus is the best training for Argus.

because I didn't do any PPA races during the year and they have this arbitrary way of adjusting your seeding based on

I think this is the reason for many of the seeding drops. It looks like your seeding index for an event gains a point for each month over 6. I don't recall them applying penalties to the previous year's Argus last year - only to races older than that.

I phoned their Office just to stir it up a bit. They say that if you did the Argus or any seeding race longer than 6 months ago, it will be penalized by 1 seeding point per month, so Argus last year would be 6 points... ARRGGHH

To my knowledge this was not the case in previous years Argus's??? But this guy I spoke to was adamant that it was indeed done like that in previous years...

Anyway, we'll take it as it comes.

I'm also a bit peeved (dropped from C to F, no seeding races, 3:06 in 2013) but on the bright side it looks like a number of strong riders will be in groups C - F (including the licensed ones, not sure how they got there!).

If we ALL work reasonably hard, a sub 3 should theoretically still be possible...unless there are bad bottlenecks due to the shorter gaps. Started in C last year - no bottlenecks, although some gravel riding was needed on Smits!

How can they penalize your argus time from last year if they use all the seeding events from 2013 to seed 2014 argus? Makes absolutely no sense. Muppets

I'm also a bit peeved (dropped from C to F, no seeding races, 3:06 in 2013) but on the bright side it looks like a number of strong riders will be in groups C - F (including the licensed ones, not sure how they got there!).

If we ALL work reasonably hard, a sub 3 should theoretically still be possible...unless there are bad bottlenecks due to the shorter gaps. Started in C last year - no bottlenecks, although some gravel riding was needed on Smits!

There will be bottle necks, oooh jirre I'm glad I'm not going to do this. Going up Smits with 5bunches bottle necking..... LEFFFTTTTT........ Crash

I understand that they penalise older races, but that kind of negates doing any races early in the year as it is too short before this year's Argus and you get penalised when they consider them for next year's Argus. Doesn't that compromise the organisers advertising their events as seeding events for the Argus?

I understand that they penalise older races, but that kind of negates doing any races early in the year as it is too short before this year's Argus and you get penalised when they consider them for next year's Argus. Doesn't that compromise the organisers advertising their events as seeding events for the Argus?

Exactly. How can you then use one year's "Seeding Events" only the next year?

Following an accident, not been able to train the last month and a half and its my 22nd.

So will be a Sunday ride for me.