[Event] MTN NATIONAL XCM #8 Ride Crater Cruise Driven By NISSAN

Tim_Fair

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the route profile correct on the Advendurance website?

Yup they are, just received the race profiles via a mate from Advendurance

I got a SMS earlier saying that no alcohol will be on sale there...

FFS.

Epic failure on the organisers part!!

Im a bit pissed because I wanna finish and have a beer not a crappy USN spike to make syrup in my mouth.

This one will be scratched off the list next year for sure, if I hadnt paid for accomodation I would have cancelled because of this.

:thumbdown: :thumbdown:

I got a SMS earlier saying that no alcohol will be on sale there...

FFS.

Epic failure on the organisers part!!

Im a bit pissed because I wanna finish and have a beer not a crappy USN spike to make syrup in my mouth.

This one will be scratched off the list next year for sure, if I hadnt paid for accomodation I would have cancelled because of this.

:thumbdown: :thumbdown:

I say pack the cooler box with beers skillz, I can't imagine not having a beer after the dustfest.

I say pack the cooler box with beers skillz, I can't imagine not having a beer after the dustfest.

Problem is I ride to the start from the guesthouse and if I tell my wench to carry the coolerbox my worry wont be numb willy after the ride... it will be no willy to be found before you leave the house

Edited by ChUkKy

Yoh yoh, it was hot ! My Garmin shows Max Temp of 41 ....

About 5 hours of afk@k, glad it is over. At least until i do the 40km tomorrow.....

Edited by eddy

Lekker my gat gesien vandag! Ek moes eerder in die bed gebly het. En daai 30 grade C waarvan hulle gepraat het was seker in hulle drome - dit was baie nader aan 40! En wil jy vir my vertel daar is nie een werkende donnerse padskraper in die hele flippen Vrystaat nie?

Ten minste was daar lekker koue water en koeldrank met ys by die waterpunte...

Hoop more se 40km gaan beter...

Super-hot, nice event, didn't realise we'd done the 'big hill' til after. There's was some technical bits along the river and less corrugation than I was xpectin. Great the no. Of water points, but from F start (1st sas evennt), I struggled from 30-80kms w the heat. Feeling the sunburn setting in now. But had to get in the river at 75kms.

Yoh yoh, it was hot ! My Garmin shows Max Temp of 41 ....

About 5 hours of afk@k, glad it is over. At least until i do the 40km tomorrow.....

did you sit next to me at the river water point. Had a proper bitch session with the dude about the bloody heat. Man it was hot. At least there is aircon in the hotel. Off to the beer place below HoiPoloi in an hour or so, then HoiPoloi. 40 tomorrow if i is not as hot as today.

Wont do 103 again if it is as hot as it was today. Cant be good for you.

Was freaking hot. Had it not been for that water point next to the river (I also went in to cool down) I don't know if I would've finished.

Bryton show 44 at a stage.

did you sit next to me at the river water point. Had a proper bitch session with the dude about the bloody heat.

Nope, not me. but I suspect you could have picked anyone of the riders to have a bitch about the heat with :mellow:

I had mine with some dude whilst losing my fillings on the corrugations at 80 km. :cursing:

I got 43 on my bryton. It was insanely hot. I was just surviving from water point to water point.

Great route and lots if water points. Well done to the organisers.

See you guys for the 40km tomorrow

Sufferfest out there in the heat. Max temp of 42 and ave of 35.3. Stopped at every waterpoint and drank. Eventually started feeling sick.

Lekker om jou te ontmoet Sias, jammer ons het niks oor gehad in the laaste 30km.

Oh and thanks Matt - hub kit is awesome!

Refilled at every single waterpoint, and poured all the water I had left in my bottles all over me. The hosedown at the river waterpoint was a winner , took a time out there, the guys manning this waterpoint were great.