Spez Stumpjumper HT/Giant XTC1/Momsen AL529

Jasonmtb

Howzit, I am looking to upgrade to a 29er HT, and can't decide between these bikes. Any advice out there?

I have a Momsen AL 329 and I am very happy. Good geometry, climbs well enough, descends stablely and the 529 has better components too. It's a fun bike I use for XC and a bit of trail when I can.

Can't really comment on the others though as I haven't ridden them.

I just bought a new Spez Stumpjumper Friday afternoon. One of the more expensive carbon models. Much better bike than the giant xtc which I also rode. However, it is a full on race machine, the bike is racy and extremely fast, so if that is what you want then go for it. If it is not gonna be a race bike the Specialized will not suit you. And I bought a 2013 model and got a cracking deal from Bridge cycles, almost too good to be true.

Edited by schalk1982

what is your price and what do you want to use it for?

I have the al329 and spez stump carbon

The momsen is a sweet ride, love the geometry for riding anywhere but has done some races and it does well. it feels more a relaxed ride

Spez is a monster for racing and a real nice bike

in my oppinion, i love the spez and the momsen

Edited by flat29

what is your price and what do you want to use it for?

I have the al329 and spez stump carbon

The momsen is a sweet ride, love the geometry for riding anywhere but has done some races and it does well. it feels more a relaxed ride

Spez is a monster for racing and a real nice bike

in my oppinion, i love the spez and the momsen

I also like the Momsen, but I love the Spez, that bike just makes you want to ride hard.

I also like the Momsen, but I love the Spez, that bike just makes you want to ride hard.

the spez is something special.

I had a 529AL and that is a FUN bike and very good price. I did XC/Trail/3day events all on that one machine.

My first 29er were a XTC.

Think it's gonna be the spez stumpjumper, it's an awesome bike and I quite like the riding position.

I ride the Stumpy 29HT, you absolutely cannot go wrong with this bike! Really by a long shot the coolest bike I have ever owned and raced!

Think it's gonna be the spez stumpjumper, it's an awesome bike and I quite like the riding position.

make contact with Wyatt Earp on the hub for the spez

You will love it. Remember to give us feedback after your first ride, and how big the grin was on your face. Enjoy