2nd hand bikes Cape Town

dave1974

Can anyone suggest a good place to have a look for 2nd hand MTB in Cape Town? Cycle Traders have no 29'ers - any other shops hidden away that one can view bikes?

Averon at Cycle traders is the most reputable guy - ask him to phone you if he gets something in your size / price in. 29ers are a bit scares but the new 2014 bikes should be out in the next few months, so just be patient. Also check the Classifieds here on the Hub as well as Gumtree.

thanks guys - Avron said i should consider a 650 for my size - I guess those aren't easy to come by 2nd hand either?

thanks guys - Avron said i should consider a 650 for my size - I guess those aren't easy to come by 2nd hand either?

Pretty sure that Neil @Neilswheels could arrange something for you :whistling:

I have a 26" Merida Trans-mission has 3000-D that has never been hammered on a trail going up on the classifieds soon going for around R13 000-00...

Can anyone suggest a good place to have a look for 2nd hand MTB in Cape Town? Cycle Traders have no 29'ers - any other shops hidden away that one can view bikes?

What size are you looking for i am considering selling my 29er? Im 1.74m. PM if u interested.

Contact Eloff at Cyclosports in Kuilsriver. He has some nice bikes there, new and second hand.

why second hand? 2013 prices are coming down

Are they really, have you not seen the exchange rate?

Dave, if you are not too tall, seriously consider a 2nd hand 26er. You can get really super deals on 2nd hand 26ers at the moment. I think that unless you are into racing XC or marathon for a podium spot, a 26er will do you just as well. It sure will get you a lot more bike for the same money.

Suppose it depends what you want to spend too. The Momsen bikes are pretty good entry level 29ers at 7000 odd rand and there is a 650 at the cycle factory for a similar price.

They work and they are local, which is lekker :whistling: