94.7 Cycle Challenge 2013

StevieL

Very proud of my 10:12:45. My biggest accomplishment on the #CC2013 Cycle Challenge so far!

I freakin hope so! I finished with the last two riders ahead of the sweeper vehicles after the cheerleaders took a bloke who couldn't pedal anymore off my hands and pushed him across the line!

post-36275-0-03582200-1384767946_thumb.jpg

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

here is a pic of our 'pleather' suits for those that missed it. Note the wings on the back

post-27214-0-39662300-1384762207_thumb.jpg

Dude!! Only now do I realise that I was chatting to you on my second loop! There were 3 of us doing a second loop together when we caught up to you and started chatting, myself on a white and red Pinarello, another on a white and black Pinarello and the third on a white Argon 18. We were in black and grey "Parkview Night Riders" kit (Below)

1391512_10151735975231200_1032637337_n.jpg

I freakin hope so! I finished with the last two riders ahead of the sweeper vehicles after the cheerleaders took a bloke who couldn't pedal anymore off my hands and pushed him across the line!

Well you didn't manage to be the last official finisher according to racetec... That honor has gone to Marc (one of our apocalypse cows) :-D

I did a 3:16 in 2012.

So I thought with some extra training and a structured program I will make the elusive sub 3 in 2013

Got in at 3:08, very pissed off at myself, was standing on 34 vg on the 60km mark and the N14 broke me once again.

DAMN YOU N14

Nope. Gun to mat. Always has been.

If Arnie said otherwise he was talking ***

If it is gun to mat, please consider changing it to mat to mat, to take away the incentive to push in to the front at the start.

Well you didn't manage to be the last official finisher according to racetec... That honor has gone to Marc (one of our apocalypse cows) :-D

Just got of the phone with Racetec. The mats a km from the finish picked me up, just not those AT the finish. I'll send them my Garmin file and details and they'll rectify it for me ;)

This was my first 94.7 and my second road race I must say big up for the organisers, I was riding with the qhubeka guys in GG and manage a 2:58 very happy. Will definitely be back for next year.

Well done. You must have done a lot of tt'ing to get that time starting in GG.

Just got of the phone with Racetec. The mats a km from the finish picked me up, just not those AT the finish. I'll send them my Garmin file and details and they'll rectify it for me ;)

Come on dude, don't steak last place from the man who earned it.

My first ever sub 3, got it on my third attempt. had a good day on the bike. stayed with the d group masses and managed to come in 2:39. super stoked :clap:

Well that's pretty impressive. You made sub 3 by a country mile!

Come on dude, don't steak last place from the man who earned it.

Especially when that guy did 2 laps ;-P AND pulled an ice cream bike on his second lap

Still no results for me on Racetec.

The website is also giving errors if you try and use the query option. I've emailed them now with my Garmin file attached.

Not that it's going to take the minute or so off I need to break the 3 hours. I measured 3:01....