94.7 Cycle Challenge 2013

StevieL

I'm guessing I should make that a very very looooooonnnnggggg time before getting to the sub 3 club ... maybe one day :thumbup:

I also felt that way when I took up cycling again a couple of years ago. To be honest I didnt think I would manage to ever get close, but its actually mind blowing what the body is capable of when you start putting the time an effort into working towards a goal. Managed to go sub 3 last year at my 3rd attempt. Will be my 4th 94.7 this year. I think its a great race. I will ride it every year I can.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Entered in 2011 but got very sick so I couldn't ride but this year I will have been in remission for one year and have much more training so it should be a good one right? :thumbup: :D

Dear KC

Glad to hear you are better, I am a doctor looking for cyclists to join our Super Heroes to ride for WITSPAL, we are based at Chris Hani Baragwanath hospital and support children and adults with life threatening and non curable conditions under the banner of Wits Palliative Care.

We are trying to raise funds to support our program.

Like our page on Facebook and find out more about what we do:

https://www.facebook...liativeCareWppc

You can make a difference too!

email: sadiqlouisa@gmail.com

Edited by WITSPAL - Palliative Care

this will be my first...

I'm planning to get to the finish and maybe get a sub 4 hour :clap: :clap: hehehe,thinking it will be a long while before I attempt joining the sub 3 hours club...

GOOD LUCK:)

Edited by WITSPAL - Palliative Care

Riding for Afrika Tikkun for the year. If you're riding this year in the Argus, 'shova, 94.7 then ride for more than a time... or yourself.

Hope to do my third and go sub-3. As always clashing with the boss' birthday but the other night she asked: "Are you going to Joburg for the 94.7?" not sure if she was "testing the waters" for something but I was so surprised I can't remember what I replied. Hehe!

Really sux. I'd really love to be there but that entrance fee just doesn't allow it! I genuinely think they could manage the road closures at a cheaper rate... So no, no 94.7 here sadly.

What are the seeding events for the 94.7? Is Amashova still one? I missed D2D

Amashova,

Race for victory

Kumba classic

Jacaranda satelite

Amashova,

Race for victory

Kumba classic

Jacaranda satelite

Hate to HIjack but anyone done the Kumba Classic and how is it?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

If you are a race snake, stop here.

If not, and you are:

1. Not in good shape or,

2. Up for a good time or,

3. Planning to do the 94.7 at a leisurely pace or,

4. Planning to do the 94.7 cycle challenge on your SS or,

5. Wanting to ride for a purpose.

Go have a look at the link below. You can help by riding or even donating a couple of bucks...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/cancerclowns/