94.7 Cycle Challenge 2013

StevieL

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to say this ... but think it is a total rip off R355.00 - R5 cheaper than next year's Argus :thumbdown:

Defiantly going to give it a miss.

Seriously? It's a once a year cycling festival... wouldn't miss it. What are u saving by missing it dude? Its a crappy dinner for two at Spur... 1/3 tank of petrol (hint: ride to work and back three times)... a hand basket of groceries at woolies (hint: leave out the sweets and biccies for a month)... a trip to the movies... four car washes... half a DSTV subscription for the month... a crate of beers... a Tapout t-shirt...

What is the route like in comparison to the Argus? Being shorter, it should be comparably easier to squeeze a sub-3 correct? Or does the non-flatness you refer to make up for it?

Whats the rule on 2 laps? Ideally I'd love to ride a sub3 in my seeding group and then join the back end and ride with some friends who are aiming for a 5.5hrs time.

The minimum rule, is that you should pay double the subscription price for starters, then its your own ability on whether you can make it within the cut-off times :stupid:

Seriously? It's a once a year cycling festival... wouldn't miss it. What are u saving by missing it dude? Its a crappy dinner for two at Spur... 1/3 tank of petrol (hint: ride to work and back three times)... a hand basket of groceries at woolies (hint: leave out the sweets and biccies for a month)... a trip to the movies... four car washes... half a DSTV subscription for the month... a crate of beers... a Tapout t-shirt...

Jip, After recently paying R275 to pay for round of Golf in Middelburg Mpumulanga , I do not feel cycling that expencive anymoe.

At least we can train without paying.

The R180 for OFM clacssic in Bloemfontein sounds quite a good price now.

The minimum rule, is that you should pay double the subscription price for starters, then its your own ability on whether you can make it within the cut-off times :stupid:

Good training for Double century the week after.

Typical South Africans.... moan about the costs....... then if they lowered the costs and the event quality, guess what, they will get moaned at again!

If you cannot afford to ride in the race then dont! If you spent as much time working as moaning them perhaps you could afford the entry.

Well the number of entries are still going up, I just refreshed sign up page and it was couple entries higher then 15min ago so ppl must be still signing up.

Shows 31,965 entries now

NOPE sorry...closing date was 1st October :blush:

Edited by ryanlynx99

My favourite thing with this thread is people who are probably riding bikes worth over 10k at least, wearing kit costing around 6k, excluding cool extras, are batching about 400 bucks for an entry.... Really? That's like half a tyre. But you'll smile walking out the lbs.

Don't ride if you're going to be a tight arse. Go train at the cradle while we get the roads all to ourselves.

I entered on the 1st of May and also paid R355.

Anyway, wanted to do it for some charity, but will just end up riding for my Dad whose birthday was supposed to be on the 25th of November.

Training going ok. Will do it on MTB with knobblies and currently doing bulk of training off road. doing a 60km ride tomorrow

OK, so now the seeding is starting to roll out...

Let's see who is in what group...

I am in E, dropped a group from last year, so I have my work cut out...

https://docs.google....amc&usp=sharing

Edit: (These start times are based on last year, so are subject to change)

Edited by StevieL