Western Cape Rain and MTB

flymango

I don't know about you MTB guys and girls, but I'm personally doubtful I'll get on a trail anytime soon - certainly not before next week!

I think most trails are taking serious strain with all the rain we've had and are having, and then not to mention the damage to moving parts by taking on the mud and rivers ... :eek:

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No Mango, come and join me tomorrow morning in Tokai, it'll be great .........on a white water kayak! :D

Its driving me NUTZZZZZ, I'm on leave for a month and try get onto the mountain everyday but this last few days has been ridiculous! Now ST is just downright dangerous, just hope the damage is not permanent. Seen P&S and his gang up there trying his best but I fear its a lost cause, boet!

No Mango, come and join me tomorrow morning in Tokai, it'll be great .........on a white water kayak! :D

Ha, i got a 5mm wetsuit I haven't used in a while!

Ja, pretty bad at the moment. Erosion channels everywhere. Maintainers and builders will have their hands full after this.

EDIT: I guess this weekend is better for paddling. Got to get going on my surfski also...

Edited by Moridin

Hey capediver, that corner you saw me on was what I thought you meant by "big hole". Turns out another big hole was just further along the trail..

One thing's for sure, if you're crazy enough to take on the conditions, make sure your tyre pressure is lower than normal and use the synthetic lube. Kayaks indeed!!

Hey capediver, that corner you saw me on was what I thought you meant by "big hole". Turns out another big hole was just further along the trail..

Hey I thought you fixed that.....I came bombing down there there the next day brimming with confidence that our favourite trail repair man had compacted that corner to the max....BUT well, suffice to say I spent the rest of the day pulling bushes from my sprocket set! Must be a real mess now...not to mention the trench a bit further down!

Put it to you this way.. I have never seen so much water p!ss out the mountain as I have this year. DJR, remember the solution to the we put together all those years ago to curb the ground water stream on lower Vasbyt? It's like that, only everywhere! Spade goes in the ground, and keeps going, and going.. I'm not kidding.

post-13110-0-01272200-1377707108_thumb.jpg

Despite how it looks, this was not a river when we arrived. Everyone will tell you there is/was no river on Mamba.. not anymore!

Hey I thought you fixed that.....I came bombing down there there the next day brimming with confidence that our favourite trail repair man had compacted that corner to the max....BUT well, suffice to say I spent the rest of the day pulling bushes from my sprocket set! Must be a real mess now...not to mention the trench a bit further down!

Three wheelbarrow loads of stone to raise the ground level, 5 wheelbarrow loads of soil and still the water comes through. Sorry guys.