MTB Shifters

scanman 01

Never really been a fan of gripshift.

Levers for me and if they're Sram XO even better ;)

Never tried the grip shifts but what I have noticed is that my plastic Deore shifter paddles/levers on my one bike are in a far, far better condition than the metal lever on my bike with X7 shifters. The Deore ones have done over 15,000km ,the SRAM ones around 2500km and the black paint they used on them is rubbing off in a big way!

But I personally find the SRAM shifters have more 'feeling' than the Shimano ones.

Not the best pic but you can see how the paint has come off the X7 shifters.

post-12678-0-97492900-1377869897_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mojoman

XO Gripshift. Have XX and X9 triggershifters lying in a box. I dont think they are gonna get out soon.

Edited by TALUS

• 2 weeks later...

Would be interesting to break this down into what kind of riding you do as well. I ride mostly trail / AM stuff and feel that the gripshift option is better suited to XC type stuff, but it may just be personal preference. For me it's SRAM triggers all the way.

Love them both. Only negative on gripshift was that the rubber grip of the 10 speed models wear faster than rubber grip of 9 speed models. You can buy them seperate.