Race for Victory 15/9/2013

Speed Racer

Couldn't find a thread for this.

I see the route no longer goes through SBR for the 100km ride. There doesn't appear to be a route sheet on the web. Anyone got the route and/or profile?

Any Hubbers doing this one?

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Will be there, I think it's the 2nd year it doesn't go through SBR ..... start is 4k's from home so we just ride there and ride home :)

Similar route to last year, except that you now turn left after Kareekloof entrance, then right and passed aerials.

The bit after the circus up passed Bosco (R557) and back has been cut out.

Contemplating riding from home and making it a social ride instead.

Yip, i'm also a virgin Race for Victory rider this year. I've heard horror stories about SBR so i'm kinda glad it doesn't go through there anymore.

Looking forward to this event!!

Im in did it last year mud was terrible at start just hope it doesnt rain night before

Found the profile. Less than 550m ascent, makes this my kind of event. The website says the two dirt sections give it a "Paris Roubaix" feel. Let's hope the rain doesn't turn it into "The Hell of the South" :-0

Edited by Speed Racer

Have entered but till now knew nothing about dirt sections. Not wild about that.

Have to ponder how that impacts likelyhood of starting

My Garmin gave me 107.7kms and 604m of climbing last year.

The dirt wont be a worry unless it rains last year the mud was deep as in it jammed up into the brakes etc lots of guys had to stop and clean out their bikes before they could continue it was quite hectic mud.

Dirt section I think is just less than about a km

First time doing this race as well,does anyone know how long this dirt section is?

From www.racetovictory.co.za:

Sand road encountered after 3.6 km for 900m duration and then note again on the return route at the 106 km mark with 4 km remaining. No need to dismount at all – easily rideable at high speed but follow your own line – some Paris Roubaix experience.

Edited by Speed Racer

Have entered but till now knew nothing about dirt sections. Not wild about that.

Have to ponder how that impacts likelyhood of starting

rule #5 mate! It's really not that bad if it doesn't rain. The organisers go to a lot of trouble in the days before to make it as safe and pleasant as possible.