Mamba rears its head - Tokai

DJR

Tokai Forest regulars loved the Snake Trails. Until Cape Pine started harvesting the plantation early this year, the Snake Trails were the crown jewels of Tokais' single track. After the harvesting the slope look a bit like a morning-after battlefield, but the fynbos is already starting to grow and I saw some hard working people with spades and wheelbarrows up there. Also, I heard of a huge Puffadder watching over the build - how appropriate!

Well, the Snake Trails are going to be better than before, soon!

Mamba is almost completed and mostly rideable. It runs along a new line and is substantially longer than before. Go try it out, just remember that there are a few muddy spots where you'll probably have to get off until bridges are built or it dries out some more.

post-17716-0-21777100-1378638224_thumb.jpg

post-17716-0-66935400-1378638242_thumb.jpg

post-17716-0-73759700-1378638260_thumb.jpg

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Me too! Rides quite well to about half way, will need to put in a few more days to get the second half flowing and add a bridge or two. Just seeing which wet spots do in fact dry out.

yeah, the bottom half is wetter than a... wet thing (couldn't use anything in my head as I'm in Gutterville right now)

But the top section - smooth and flowy. Will have a look at it this afternoon to see what's what, and see if that mud-fest has dried out!

I must say that I really like the berms that were put in. Actually, I like berms, period. The bigger they are and the more of them, the better. They make my 'prone to crashing" skills look so much better. :thumbup:

armpies: ;we hitting that up on sat?

Missus may have a photo shoot in the morning, so will have to confirm that first. Will see what time it is happening... If in the AM, I can ride from about 10 or so. if not, then I can ride same time - at 8...

The bakkie is in for a checkup.. would rather be on the trails right now. :(

I can arrange for transportation by Morewood Sukuma.