AA -The Avid Appreciation society

PhilipV

Hi, is there anyone that could please help I need to replace my rear brake line on a Avid XX rear caliper. I have attached a picture of a XO caliper my hose line looks the same. What year model would that be?

Thanks

brake hosing is brake hosing. If it fits into the banjo bolt then you are golden. Just choose a brake line kit for X0 or XX brakes. But you could use hoses from the whole avid hydraulic brake family and you'll still be ok. But buying the kit is a bit more convenient.

If you are not doing the work yourself, your LBS will get you the right stuff. Or rather. they should be able to get you the right stuff.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So what about aftermarket type hoses from a hydraulics shop .... could these work and any chance it could be better priced ... we all know anything packaged as a "Bicycle" item usually comes with a jar of Vaseline to soothe the ache of the price!

oh yeah thanks hairy. i meant to say the whole avid family and any other brake manufacturer out there. a hose is a hose. as long as it fits the fittings, you are golden.

brake hosing is brake hosing. If it fits into the banjo bolt then you are golden. Just choose a brake line kit for X0 or XX brakes. But you could use hoses from the whole avid hydraulic brake family and you'll still be ok. But buying the kit is a bit more convenient.

If you are not doing the work yourself, your LBS will get you the right stuff. Or rather. they should be able to get you the right stuff.

Thanks I did mean I need to find the correct hose fitting and my brakes are the current models here is the reply:

"You have the current Avid Elixir hydraulic line when you order ask for a Hydraulic Line for Elixir."

So what about aftermarket type hoses from a hydraulics shop .... could these work and any chance it could be better priced ... we all know anything packaged as a "Bicycle" item usually comes with a jar of Vaseline to soothe the ache of the price!

Yes I did buy very nice Jagwire hose some time back without knowing it's only the hose no fittings now I wanted to use is and buy the Jagwire fittings for my brakes I find out they don't import the Jagwire hydraulic hose and fittings in SA.

The guy I bought it from must have imported it him self but no fittings. So just be careful when not buying a kit.

Well that's what I'm doing now getting the correct kit from Sram

thanks for the info

and again I love Avid!!!!

Guest Omega Man

Yes I did buy very nice Jagwire hose some time back without knowing it's only the hose no fittings now I wanted to use is and buy the Jagwire fittings for my brakes I find out they don't import the Jagwire hydraulic hose and fittings in SA.

The guy I bought it from must have imported it him self but no fittings. So just be careful when not buying a kit.

Well that's what I'm doing now getting the correct kit from Sram

thanks for the info

and again I love Avid!!!!

You can get the fittings from superstar as far as I know but you need to know what you are after.

I believe there is also a shimano bleeding thread somewhere.

So I fixed up the MOTO a bit tonight and finally got to mcgyver a solution to work the MRP guide....took her for a spin....hit the brakes the way i would on the ss bikes shimano brakes and got a huge wake up call.....the avid codes are just really powerful and good feeling brakes.

What a pleasure to own

You can get the fittings from superstar as far as I know but you need to know what you are after.

Hi Omega Man

I now know what I need is there a website for Superstar?

After taking my mates bike for a spin I appreciate my Avids even more. The SLX brakes on his bike were pretty disappointing.

Maybe they were set up wrong or something, but they were just plain weak.

No thanks, I'll rather hear avid bashing jokes than ride with weak brakes everyday.

I like noisy Avid brakes. On long training rides it is cool that they talk to me and keep me company.

• 2 weeks later...

Heads up for the Avid lovers - CRC are having a 50% off sale.

Seems fair - 50% off for a brake that only works half the time :devil:

Heads up for the Avid lovers - CRC are having a 50% off sale.

Seems fair - 50% off for a brake that only works half the time :devil: on a good day

fixed

Archived