MoreGolf Group acquires Cycle Lab

morecycling

We will be investing in upgrading all parts of the PWC park, including a better clubhouse and improved trails.

The kids love riding the cycle park, the cost tho doesn't see us visiting the park (think we've been once this year), we rather go to NF with a picnic pack & ride there, will they do some sort of bulk purchase which will reduce the cost per ride?

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The kids love riding the cycle park, the cost tho doesn't see us visiting the park (think we've been once this year), we rather go to NF with a picnic pack & ride there, will they do some sort of bulk purchase which will reduce the cost per ride?

Could'nt agree more, never understood why people visit PWC when they have NF down the road and Modders up the road with far better value for money trails. PWC should be charging half of what they are charging now....after all "less is more"

Hey Mr Moregolf group

Some insight into the committed MTBer...

1\good service and building relationships with the guys at the LBS is key, if we can't do the work ourselves we want someone who will look after my bike like it's their own.

2\dont expect us not to shop around, maintaining and building a arsenal of bikes cost more than we like to admit.

3\ can u print the real receipt and another to show the wife?

4\ we MTB like to think we different and enjoy "sticking it to the man".

5\ riding fast is cool but we respect those who can suffer longer and harder more. The applause for the guy coming in last at the Sani day 1 was loader than I have ever heard for a winner.

6\ we are always the guys at the end putting money back into the pubs etc.

7\stopping to help other riders is a pleasure!

What I really wanna know is.....if I get 1 of those golf cards.....when can I ride leopard creek?

I have never found CycleLab Fourways particularly inviting. Whenever collecting race numbers I do have a walk around but there is something about the way the store is laid out and merchandised that just is not enticing.

Hopefully the new store will give them an opportunity to change this.

a birdie told me that cycle lab (more cycle) will take scott away from cajees

An inside tweetie actually wanted to sell me a Scott Spark 960 at "very special price". Cajees apparently is trying to clear out all the Scott stock.....at discounted prices.

Looking forward to the new venture, congrats Cyclelab. I don't mind traveling from the Oosrand to CL 4ways as the team are always helpful and friendly.

Was put off with Cyclelab when my insurers (Outsurance) told me I would be getting a replacement bike from them as they were the preferred supplier for insurance claims.

I received a call from Cyclelabe, told them how much the payout was and was then was told by that I would have to pay in as they had no bikes in my price range (R15k!).

Wont be doing any shopping there, thankfully Outsurance paid direct to me and I was able to get a bike elsewhere.

@Morecycling....the heart of a LBS is the workshop imo, any plans ito expansion in this area or info around this? Just this weekend I took my bike into cyclist's workshop(my lbs), top top top class service, great prices and awesome mechanics. Just wanted a wheel trued, ended up buying new extra chunky esi's, new brakepads and bled some brakes while I was there...you see what I did?

For me the smaller lbs has more charm and character, like cheers, where everybody knows your name. So for me to consider another lbs, it will have to offer value add somewhere and the workshop is probably the place?

Will they be able to compete with CWC, Easybike, Buycycle, Evobikes pricing...?

I find Cyclelab to be expensive compared to other LBS', nevermind local online stores.

I find Cyclelab to be expensive compared to other LBS', nevermind local online stores.

Haven't bought that much from Cycle Lab, but about two years ago, I was killing time before fetching a frame I'd bought from a (now-late) Hubber who lived nearby. I bought some gloves and other bits and pieces. Found they were pretty close on price to some of the other shops I'd been into.

Yea, but to me I don't mind paying a bit more than I could if I went online...its about the whole experience which I do receive from the smaller "independant" lbs

Haven't bought that much from Cycle Lab, but about two years ago, I was killing time before fetching a frame I'd bought from a (now-late) Hubber who lived nearby. I bought some gloves and other bits and pieces. Found they were pretty close on price to some of the other shops I'd been into.

Saw his plaque at Rietvlei on Tue...explained to the wife(which was on her first mtb outing who what and where). Feels like yesterday

Saw his plaque at Rietvlei on Tue...explained to the wife(which was on her first mtb outing who what and where). Feels like yesterday

Good lad that Mark Stockton fellow. Much missed.

@Morecycling....the heart of a LBS is the workshop imo, any plans ito expansion in this area or info around this? Just this weekend I took my bike into cyclist's workshop(my lbs), top top top class service, great prices and awesome mechanics. Just wanted a wheel trued, ended up buying new extra chunky esi's, new brakepads and bled some brakes while I was there...you see what I did?

For me the smaller lbs has more charm and character, like cheers, where everybody knows your name. So for me to consider another lbs, it will have to offer value add somewhere and the workshop is probably the place?

Quite a well known and respected hubber will be running the workshop.

Any guesses as to who it could be???